Author Topic: Rake Lane Cemetery  (Read 22652 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rake Lane Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 October 04 17:06 BST (UK) »
Andrea i have jut noticed the topic cheshire burials print outs. If i dont have any luck finding the grave plot tomorrow or friday, depending if they have a seat free. maybe you could try that. it should tell you one way or another if your McNabs are in Rake Lane.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 October 04 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea well i am sorry to say that after looking through 3 years of burials for Rake lane. There wasnt any macnabs at all in the cemetary 4 the years 1934/5/6.It was the first time i had used those records and i was asked what religion the family was. It seems different ones are seperate. I was then asked if the burial was cemetary or church grave yard. It dawned on me after all these years the difference between the two ::)  these again are seperate records.The Town hall did not have the St Caths death index as i suspected. The only place that i know of that has the complete St/c/I is Liverpool. Where you will definitely find the death of thomas. once you know where he died and the date. I may be able to look for the burial again. My Grandad was on the record but i knew when he died. if i had known about those burial records three years ago i wouldnt have worn a groove in the cemetary path  :)after spending 2 years previously looking for his grave :D On the record it gives the reference number.I have seen numbers on the very bottom of some grave stones so maybe they are connected. name, age, plot number, and i think occupation.I was suprised it also gave an address not a full one. and the name of the person that conducted the service. so that's very helpfull, there is a member of roots chat that  knows who goes to liverpool .cant remember who ??? 
Celia
Come in Chris, Fitty, anyone
If its Liverpool library lookups you need Floridagirl is the girl for you try this link good luck, peterbennett

http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4199.0
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 October 04 20:04 BST (UK) »
hmm.....I came from Newcastle in the North East of England origionally and we have a Rake Lane cemetery too! it's in North Shields. If you have no luck in the Liverpool area then check that one out too. North Shields is on the North side of the River Tyne entrance and a well known fishing port :)

Just a thought *grin* seeing as you mentioned your relative being a mariner

Adele
aka
Fluffnco
Researching:
Thomson/Davies/Johnson  - (St Pancras/Shoreditch  Area London  and Monmouthsire),
Cross  -  (Burradon/Gateshead/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Anderson -  ( Gateshead/Wallsend/ Byker/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Mutch  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder/Ellon/Inverkeithny/Fyvie/Turriff areas of Banffshire Scotland)
Riddell  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder areas of Banffshire Scotland)

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 October 04 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Adele If you have read this topic you will see i havent been much help to Anrea. so have left a message for her for when she comes back. I have a gut feeling though that the family might have moved on. beacause i found deaths in stockport. from 1929. It's handy to know that there is another Rake Lane cemetery though.

Celia

Peter thanks for the reminder Will leave that to Andrea
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 October 04 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia...and Adele....thank you for all your help...and time..
I know my Ggrandfather lived in Seacombe in 1901 as it says so on the census...and his daughter(my grandmother) Isabel(Leonora, my mother was born there) and also two of his sons all continued  living in Seacombe as well...one of the sons Frederick worked for Camel Laird shipbuilders.
My cousin Julie said her grandfather and his father were buried in the cemetery..Earlston cemetery in Liscard/Wallasey, which I found was Rake Lane.
I dont know of any other explanation other than maybe Thomas and Leonora were buried in Liverpool..and what makes if worse is not knowing when they both died.
I will ask floridagirl if she can help....thank you so much for all the effort you have put in. Its lovely to know there are people out there that want to help.
Cheers
Andrea ;D
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea, I have been doing a bit of research for another person.also looking for a Mc in Cheshire this one in the late 1920's. As i was working my way back through the postal directorey for 1920/21 i came across
McNab.
Norman Steward 3 Alice Avenue Parry St Seacombe
In another postal book it was
3 Alice Avenue Andrew St Seacome.
In the Gores Directory for 1912 i came across
Mrs Isabella McNab 11 Chatsworth Avenue Walton.
The following one i cant remember which year book i found it in ::) because the Mc i was looking for wasnt in the book.I didnt want to get confused so put it back on the shelf ::)
McNab
Frederick Clark Fitter 34 Marion St Birkenhead

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 October 04 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Celia...thats a great help...at least it shows that two of the sons lived nearby, one in Seacombe and the other in Birkenhead. I found a couple of births which could be Fredericks children only as they both have Clarke as a second name...I will keep looking tomorrow...
Good luck with your search.
Cheers and goodnight
Andrea ;D
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline Jan Taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 23 October 04 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I wonder if anyone could help me please.  My great grandparents are buried in Rake Lane Cemetery.  John Thomas and Phoebe Lutas, also their son John and daughter Doris.  I am trying to find birth and death dates.

Thank you.

Jan

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 23 October 04 06:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan
         I might be able to help you but I am not a professional researcher.  I  spend  more time on research in  Local places in the winter. so can you give me some clue's as to what you are looking for. If it's a burial i need death year appox & Religion. Where did they live, Area?

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials