Author Topic: Advice needed - Missing 28 years.  (Read 2205 times)

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed - Missing 28 years.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 February 06 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks josephine ;D
  I have copies of various wills and I think he's mentioned  only once ,but ill check again.
  Sam was litterate,he could write his name,But could he read as well ? I have copy of his signature.
  He was baptised on the 9th jan 1784.
  I have no idea of scooling in the area,or if records were kept.Any ideas?
  Witness to weddings,Ill check it out!
   Its time to start thinking outside the box!!!!!
        Any "outside the box" thinkers around ;D ;D ;D ;D
                                          ...............chrissy.

Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 July 06 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrissy,

I'm looking at Sherlocks too, but not yours (as far as I know !). I saw you've already had one result from A2A - here's another: http://www.a2a.org.uk/search/documentxsl.asp?com=1&i=209&nbKey=1&stylesheet=xsl\A2A_com.xsl&keyword=sherlock&properties=0601 refers to a Bartholemew Sherlock, mariner in 1743 - any connection (seeing that Samuel was seafaring !) ??

DId you look on Genes Reunited ? I have a subscription, if that's any help ?

Cheers,
Chris
Hindley family (Chesh/NWales), Hope family (Chesh), Sheppard family (London), Carlisle family (London), Welch family (London/Notts).
Abergele town/area esp Chapel St/Post Office Lane 1800-1900

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 July 06 23:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks chris ;D
  I havent heard of a bartholemew yet ???
  Where are your sherlocks from :) still havent found Samuel,not for want of looking,Im starting to think that WE will probably never find him pre 1806 :'(My sherlocks are in cheshire.
              cheers from christine. :)
Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.

Offline chrissiehope

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 July 06 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Chrissy,

'My' Sherlocks are from Woodchurch, on the Wirral.
Stephen Sherlock married 1826 Alice Hindley who was the sister of my great great great grandfather Ellis Hindley. Alice & Ellis's Aunt Mary had, we think, an illegitimate daughter called Eliza (therefore their cousin), who married 1842 Joseph Sherlock - we haven't managed to connect him to Stephen yet !

There is a Sherlock researcher called Colin, who contacted me about Stephen & Alice - up to then we had no idea what had happened to her - he might be able to help you. If you go to http://www.rbnw26613.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cheshire_Surnames/s1.htm and scroll down to Sherlock, you will find his name first & a link to his email address - there are also other Sherlock researchers listed

Cheers
Chris(tine too !!)
Hindley family (Chesh/NWales), Hope family (Chesh), Sheppard family (London), Carlisle family (London), Welch family (London/Notts).
Abergele town/area esp Chapel St/Post Office Lane 1800-1900