Author Topic: How long?  (Read 13191 times)

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: How long?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 25 February 06 13:22 GMT (UK) »

So what have you got that I haven't then, if I get 14 days and you get 8!!  Did you slip them an extra £5.

Kerry

Kerry, were you guys ordering from the same place ??? Maybe some people are faster at posting the certificate than others. 14 days is probably quoted to be on the safe side and you may find it will arrive well within that period. What puzzles me is how Runey ordered hers after 5pm :-\ I thought offices issuing BMD certificates closed at 4.30.

All the Best,

Christopher

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 25 February 06 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher

I always order my certs from the GRO, I only recently found out that local offices do them and then East Sussex where many of mine come from charge extra for ordering online anyway, so I continue with GRO. 

Never mind they should be here by Tuesday.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline bwgan ceredig

• RootsChat Senior
  • They can 'do' 20 generations each!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 25 February 06 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Kerryb

I always order my certs from the GRO, I only recently found out that local offices do them and then East Sussex where many of mine come from charge extra for ordering online anyway, so I continue with GRO.

That's rough :(, I have to say that I have always used the local offices - don't everyone shout at once :-\, I know not everyone can for various reasons, but where you can they are much better ;D.  Prime example this week - cert arrived by return of post, the other one I sent for at the same time was a different father so they sent my money back! ;D

And they have phoned me up before now (on more than one occasion) to make sure they have the right cert ;D
Stiff - Monmouthshire & Glos, Parry - Monmouthshire
Stafford - Glos, Liles - Glos, Bright- Glos, Webb - Monmouthshire & Glos, Smart - Glos, Smith - Glos
Sullivan - Ireland, Jones (oh dear! Almost as bad as Smith), Walker - Somerset, Llewellyn
And, no don't laugh...Crump...I think it's great!

And of course, if I ever do manage to do a successful look up it is crown copyright and all that legal stuff!

Seriously Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 25 February 06 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Cool that's is helpful!!

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Well my certificates were due today, and guess what they still haven't arrived.  I sent for them on 15 Feb.

Now I am cross, I can't even remember why I ordered them now except I needed them for my next line of enquiry.

Kerry :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 10:15 GMT (UK) »
and they will probably all come (6) in separate envelopes!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Kerry

Offline SallyF

• RootsChat Senior
  • My mum and big brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Just ordered 3 death certs from GRO.  Estimated despatch date  :'( 27 Feb 2006.  Seems a long way away.

Oh well,  knew they'd be busy just now.

Sally

Still waiting.  Not 27th until next week, and that's despatch date. Expect will take couple of days after that.

Why is it that the more interested you are in the contents, the longer they take to get to you. 

There must be some scientific formula to it....... ;D ;D

Sally

Me too. Still waiting.  Dashed home today, not expectant exactly, but hopeful.

Nothing.  :'(  :'(

Still, always tomorrow.   ;)

Sally
Foreman, McAlpine, Bainbridge - Northumberland
White, Keeley, Golding - Suffolk
Johnson - Staffordshire
Wild, Green, Cusworth - Yorkshire (West Riding)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 16:02 GMT (UK) »
But I'm back at work tomorrow so I can't spend all day on the computer searching the next questions.  I shall have to wait to the weekend.

Kerry  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Meliora

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Can I join in ?

I'm still waiting for a death cert ordered 13th Feb.  ???

Have emailed asking why so long. ?  Yes I know all about TV progs, but have not even had a reply to that.  ??? ???

Meliora

Follow up on that,  I have just been in contact with ONS & they tell me that they are now working on certs that were due to be sent out on the 23rd Feb (that's mine).  So, still waiting.!!!!
RIP 1927-2018

This information is Crown Copyright from National Archives.gov.uk