Author Topic: Bernard Coyle & Catherine McGranaghan  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
Bernard Coyle & Catherine McGranaghan
« on: Wednesday 29 September 04 19:34 BST (UK) »
Another Donegal family I need help with!

Bernard Coyle was said to be born in Mavoch - (could this be Mevagh?) somewhere between 1829/31.
By June 1854, he is living in Duntocher, Dumbartonshire, and is Married to Catherine McGranaghan, who is originaly from Fannat (Fannad).  As the marriage takes place before the start of Civil registration, I have been unable to learn the names of either Bernards or Catherines parents.

The family has seven (found) children, all born in Duntocher - their Daughter Annie born Sept. 25, 1857, eventually married my Great Grandfather Anthony Coyle.

Does anyone recognize this family?
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard Coyle & Catherine McGranaghan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,

Since Bernard was born about 1829 it is possible that his birth and previous records of the family may appear in Church of Ireland records. See the URL for details - http://www.proni.gov.uk/records/church.htm

Christopher

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard Coyle & Catherine McGranaghan
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
Thanks for the link.   :)
Unfortunately, I have tried this route, and the Parish Registers for Mevagh are only available from 1853 to 1927.  And the Parish registers for Fannad (or Fannat) don't seem to be available at all.

But it was worth a shot!
Thanks again.   :)
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley