Author Topic: 1891 Census - John Gibson - Hedon - COMPLETED WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO LANCS.FOX  (Read 2828 times)

Offline lancs.fox

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 Census - John Gibson - Hedon
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 February 06 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Zephyr,

I have found the following entry for the 1871 Census which seems to tie in the Hague and Gibson families (though, whether the right Gibsons or not I do not know):

1871 Census

Village Cottage, Humbleton, Yorkshire

Watson Hague - Head - md. - 61 - Highway Labourer - b. Elington

Hannah Hague - w. - md. - 63 - b. Elstunwick

Emma Hague - d. - unm. - 20 - b. Humbleton

Agnes Foster - g/d - 7 - Scholar - b. Humbleton

Eleanor M. Gibson - g/d - 4 - Scholar - b. Hedon

Eleanor's birthplace appears significant.

Regards,

Richard

Fox (Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Yorkshire); Stockton (Shropshire, Yorkshire); Moody (Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire); Kershaw (Yorkshire); Martyn (Cornwall); Barnacle (Warwickshire, Leicestershire), Cox (Staffordshire); Dunn (Staffordshire); Mitchell (Yorkshire); Evers (Yorkshire)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lancs.fox

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 February 06 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Zephyr,

Cracked it!!!  Hopefully.

Look at this census entry for 1881 - it links (referencing with the 1871 census set out in the preceding posting and earlier censuses) John Gibson through his parents George and Ellen via Eleanor (Ellenor) Gibson to Watson and Hannah Hague and then through them to John's wife Margaret.

1881 Census

Havenside, Hedon, Yorkshire

George Gibson - Head - md. - 76 - Shoe Maker - b. Hedon

Ellen Gibson - w. - md - 71 - b. Lincs., Gainsborough

Ellenor (sic) M. Gibson - g/d -  unm. - 14 - b. Hedon

Martha Johnson - Boarder - md.- 72 - b. Hedon

If I am correct in this, then the Margaret Hague / Haynes appears to be one and the same person.

Do you agree?

Regards,

Richard
Fox (Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Yorkshire); Stockton (Shropshire, Yorkshire); Moody (Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire); Kershaw (Yorkshire); Martyn (Cornwall); Barnacle (Warwickshire, Leicestershire), Cox (Staffordshire); Dunn (Staffordshire); Mitchell (Yorkshire); Evers (Yorkshire)

Offline lancs.fox

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 February 06 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Zephyr,

The correct spelling of Eleanor / Ellenor is confirmed by the following bmd reference:

Birth - Sculcoates - Eleanor M. Gibson - 1866 December Qtr. - vol. 9d - p. 121

Regards,

Richard

Offline Zephyr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 February 06 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lancs.Fox

Brilliant!!!  Just what I needed after a hard day at work!

As you say, especially with the info you have given me re the 'Hague' family, everything seems to fall into place.  Also on the MI it does say Margaret is the second daughter which also fits with the 1851 census info.  Eleanor must be John and Margaret's eldest child.  If they got married in 1865 then it is a long time to Arthur being born c 1868 - back in those days they seem to have 'churned them out' nearly every year.

I can't thank you enough for all the time and trouble you have spent looking facts up for me.

With many many thanks.

Zephyr

;D ;D ;D

Census information is Crown Copyright from nationalarchives.gov.uk