Author Topic: The Thorpe family of Fairlight  (Read 13748 times)

Offline rogerofgoostrey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: The Thorpe family of Fairlight
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 24 December 16 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate

Great to hear from another Thorpe descendant.

I have sent you a personal message.  However as you are new to Rootsweb you may have difficulty replying to me with a personal message.  If so just post two more messages to Rootsweb which could be two more brief replies to this message.  This will free up your personal message facility.

Best wishes

Roger
Thorpe (East Sussex), Wenham (East Sussex) Willett (East Sussex and Kent) Ades (East Sussex) Rushton (Staffordshire Moorlands) Finney (Staffordshire Moorlands) Wheeldon (Staffordshire Moorlands) Critchlow (Staffordshire Moorlands)

Offline kate sowery

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 December 16 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roger,

Sending you best wishes for a Happy New Year. My great uncle Spencer (Pem) would have been very happy to know we have made contact!

Regards  Kate

Offline kate sowery

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 December 16 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Roger, a further quick reply to your page to access the personal message facility. I have found another long list of the Delves family, a name I also noted people were interested in in Sussex, in and around Fairlight, Hastings and Rye and I will post some information of potential interest to them. I think however, you are interested in researching other surnames in your genealogy, non of which I am familiar with.

Regards  Kate

Offline Vince Cane

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 16 September 19 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger - just joined after coming across your thread. My grandmother Lily Kathleen Thorpe (married name Cane) was born in Westfield on 11/12/1898, daughter of William Benjamin Thorpe and Sarah Kate Fuller. I am relatively new to this but having reasonable success in tracking down my family thus far - would be happy to share more if of interest...
Regards,
Vince.