Author Topic: HANNA William John  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
HANNA William John
« on: Thursday 23 February 06 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Well here I am again, now looking for my HANNA connections.  They came from Crevillyvalley/Sharvogues. Co. Antrim
It appears that Samuel Hanna and Margaret Parker married in the 1800's. They appeared to have 8 children. three of these children may have died and they kept naming each new son there after the same name.
Anyway the one I am interrested in is William John Hanna who married (in 186) and Nancy Agnes McDowell.
This is all I have and I would love to find all their children and even more so some old pictures out there floating about. If anyone can help me it would be great. thanks. Val.

Moderator's Note: 2 images of family trees deleted as they contain the details of living people.
TAGGART/ HANNA  Donegore and Belfast Co. Antrim.
MAWHINNEY Co. Armagh and Whiteabbey.Co. Antrim
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: HANNA William John
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 February 06 09:44 GMT (UK) »
I note that one of the sons of your William John, also named William John, married a Neeson. My research has touched on a Neeson family in the Parish of Drummaul (of which Sharvogues is a townland). I will check and see if it contains anything which may relate to this Catherine.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 06 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Ok, not much, but may be of interest. I have a 1901 Census return from Drummaul Parish for a Neeson family which includes a daughter, Catherine, aged 22. Her mother is widowed by this time so I cannot be certain of her father's name. However, based on other evidence, I believe her grandparents may have been a Robert Neeson and Margaret Neeson (nee Lyttle). At the moment, I do not see any other Catherine's in parish of similar age so this may indeed be the one who married William John later in 1901.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 February 06 11:12 GMT (UK) »
NIFHS have a member researching Hanna at Sharvogues.

Realise this may actually be you who is listed, but if not, perhaps you could attempt to make contact with the person.

NIFHS Members' Interests

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 February 06 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Your wonderful.  Thanks to your info re Neeson I think I have managed to confirm that Catherine Neeson did indeed marry William John Hanna. I had these notes from a very long time ago. She married him on the 29th June 1901. He lived at Kildrum at the time and she at Magherabeg. I have her fathers name as John Neeson. Willie Shannon and Martha Hall were witnesses. Do you think I can put this down now as a definate.
Also went on that other site and have sent them my info.  No it wasnot me that is the member already - so here is hoping. I am so grateful to you.
Val.
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 February 06 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val

Sounds good. I realised when looking back that I hadn't mentioned Magherabeg in my post, but that is indeed where this Neeson family were from.  It is a very small townland in the district electoral division of Sharvogues, a rural area. If you have a look at the following map, you will see Magherabeg with Sharvogues Burn nearby:

Map of Magherabeg

Looking again at the various dates, my earlier note that her grandparents may have been Robert and Margaret (nee Lyttle) Neeson is probably wrong (they married in 1858 but I think their son, John, was not born until 1869, albeit I have no cross reference on that birth), but I believe there was a family connection as they too came from Magherabeg (indeed were both still living there at 1901 aged 72 and 73) and one of Catherine's younger siblings carried the middle name Lyttle. Another couple in the area of the right age to be her grandparents were a James and Rose Ann (nee Irvine/Irwin/Erwin) Neeson.

Whilst Magherabeg is just cut off the following map (at the bottom),  it does show you how close it, Sharvogues, Crevilly-valley and Kildrum were to each other:

Kildrum etc

If you want me to scan and send the 1901 Census page for Catherine,  PM me with your email address.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 February 06 00:04 GMT (UK) »
<<<<<Scan on route to Canada! [/color]

Offline Taggart 009

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 25 February 06 01:00 GMT (UK) »
How'd you do that  :o
GALLOWAY, Co. Armagh.
DICKSON Co. Down.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 25 February 06 01:24 GMT (UK) »
How'd you do that  :o

Val

You want to know how to get moving lines
Click on the M arrow which will give the word "move" in brackets twice. Click in between the two bracketed words "move" and type your message
:D Daft Brush :D
Chris