Author Topic: Liverpool Censuses 1861/71/81/91 - Wunderley  (Read 8589 times)

Offline ozchook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool Censuses 1861/71/81/91 - Wunderley
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 February 06 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darcy, I should be getting ready for mum's birthday 'do', but couldn't resist having a look this morning. While I was trying to sleep in Melbourne's heat, you were beavering away on my behalf.  :-[ Yes, so sad to see many deaths of those who died young.
I think you are correct, that Jane married Joseph Nelson. Months ago when I started searching for Jane E. I thought I'd somehow eliminated him, but now can't remember how I did that. On the 1891 census I think Jane should have been written in as 'sister' not 'sister-in-law'.
Re the marriage to Nelson and Jane's birthdate being given as 1869 - I'm thinking that it was transcribed incorrectly. Possibly the last '1' in her birthdate might have had a slightly curly top, making it look like a '9'.
Again, thank you so much for your efforts. I'll get back to this later today, but for now, must get moving.
Thanking you once again, Irene

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 February 06 12:43 GMT (UK) »
You are welcome Irene. Glad I could be of help to you ;D

Hope your Mum enjoys her birthday party ;D

I know what you mean about the heat.  I'm in the same part of the world as you  -I just keep ridiculous hours! 

Roll on Autumn.......

Cheers
Darcy
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ozchook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 February 06 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darcy, Thank you, mum had a great time on her birthday, and loved getting the info re the Wunderleys. She sends her thanks.
May I ask another favour? For Francis Wunderley, born about 1811, Jane E's father - do you have earlier censuses? Perhaps he is at home with parent/s. I'd love to know who they were. And/or Jane E's mother who I think was Jane Hunter; only I found in FreeBMD a marriage between these two, in Liverpool, June Q. 1853. Thanks in anticipation. I agree with you about autumn, my favourite season. Regards, Irene

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 February 06 04:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene

how about this!? ;D

1851 Census  Liverpool

6 House Smith St

James Hunter, head, 52, Cabinet Maker, Liverpool
Mary, wife, 53, Liverpool
Anne, dau, un, 21, Liverpool
Jane, dau, un,  18, Liverpool
Thomas, son, 17, Lithograph Printer, Liverpool
Mary Jane, grand Dau, 1, Liverpool
Eliza, grand dau, 1, Liverpool
Margaret Trainer?, servant, 14, Servant, Liverpool
Frances Wonderley, lodger, Wid, 45, Clock Maker, Germany
Anthony Teniston?, lodger, 52, Clock Cleaner, Conn Staley

HO107/2178
Folio: 186
Page: 30

Me thinks you are off to foreign climes.... ;D

Darcy
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ozchook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 06 11:03 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D  ;D
Ooh, ooh, ooh Darcy,
How good is that? Both in the same household. The German connection may explain why mum's sister has blue eyes. Jane Elizabeth's are brown. This is just so fantastic. Thank you sooo much. It's 10pm but I'm going to wake mum up to tell her. You are a gem; thank you for all your efforts.
Regards, Irene
PS Me off to foreign climes? - only in my dreams.

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene,

I was thrilled to find Jane and Frances in the same house and to get the place of birth for Frances as Germany. It fits perfectly with him being a clock maker too. ;D

I just love it when the pieces of the puzzle fall into place like that!

I didn't mean you would be off to Germany in body - just in spirit, doing a bit of research there. ;D

Regards
Darcy ;)

Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland

Offline ozchook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 02 March 06 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darcy,
 :D I see what you mean, and yes, I will be 'off' to Germany. I want to know where Francis was born. I've got more work ahead of me now, finding his parents, and when and how the Wunderleys went to England. I might have to pay for some documents.
Oh, it's exciting.
Good luck with your hunting, and many many thanks.
Best wishes, Irene

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 02 March 06 10:13 GMT (UK) »
You are most welcome Irene. It was a pleasure helping you. ;D

I love it when people get excited over a find - cos I do!

Good Luck in Germany. ;D

Cheers
Darcy
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland

Offline wonders67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hello my name is Derek Wunderley im in the uk and i believe we are part of the same extended family my grandfather was John Frederick wunderley his father was joseph "hunter" wonderley and his father was francis wonderley in the liverpool area would like to here from you as i have done an awful lot of research in this area and need the links on or around what i am doing

regards