Author Topic: The Gallop Family of British Columbia  (Read 5468 times)

Offline grubheam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
The Gallop Family of British Columbia
« on: Friday 24 February 06 13:47 GMT (UK) »
I have discovered there's more family in BC - thanks to the obituary of Victor Edwin Gallop -

I am looking for contact -

The late Harold Walter b. 1897 Poole, Dorset and his late wife Annie Herbert Machin and their children - I dont know if they are alive. -

Walter, Douglas, Hilda, Stanley and Roy -

Harold Walter died in Saanich, BC and wondering if his family still live there?

please could anyone find out?

Thank you
Gallop / Gallop of Mid & East Dorset & Bournemouth area
Grubheam of Herefordshire
Luker of Abingdon, Berkshire & Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Dwight of Middlesex & London

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Gallop Family of British Columbia
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 February 06 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Go to www.411.ca  and click on British Columbia.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue
  "I have a great great aunt Annie Sarah Gallop, born in Poole, Dorset, England and have 10 children, all born in England, UK. Annie Sarah and some of her children went to live in Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada after 1901. She died there nad some of her children got married there and died there, too. The children;s names were Harold Walter, Gertrude Annie, Egerton Albert, Ethel Rose, Sidney CHarles...so far."

Good luck.
Shannon in Canada
p.s. I also found an email address for one Gallop on Victoria island, but I should give you that off list to preserve the fellows privacy. 

BUTCHER, BONE, CALLADINE, COWELL, CROW(E), FITZGERALD, HAMMOND, HEBBORN, LANE, LEWIS, LOUNSBURY, MERRITT, PICKRAM, STEWART, SPRINGSTEAD, SPENCER, TYRELL, TITTERSON, WILSON, YOUNG

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Gallop Family more info
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 February 06 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

shash

BUTCHER, BONE, CALLADINE, COWELL, CROW(E), FITZGERALD, HAMMOND, HEBBORN, LANE, LEWIS, LOUNSBURY, MERRITT, PICKRAM, STEWART, SPRINGSTEAD, SPENCER, TYRELL, TITTERSON, WILSON, YOUNG

Offline grubheam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 February 06 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Oh thank you Shannon!

Please can you direct the private email for the Gallop of VIctoris BC ay personal message if you wish.

How do you find it?

at ancestry.com  - thats me all right! Look old!

Allie   :D
Gallop / Gallop of Mid & East Dorset & Bournemouth area
Grubheam of Herefordshire
Luker of Abingdon, Berkshire & Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Dwight of Middlesex & London

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 February 06 17:16 GMT (UK) »
let's just hope they are still using this email address:

Please use personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses - especially if it belongs to someone else!  Thank you!

I found it posted at a site that I'm gping to go back and try to find for you right now.

Good luck

shash
p.s. I believe that post was made in 2003, so e-mail quickly.

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 February 06 17:28 GMT (UK) »
http://genforum.genealogy.com/canada

Here it is and if it doesn't work for you when you put your information in, just let me know.

Once agaian good luck.

shash

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 15:14 GMT (UK) »
I found this posting this morning. May be promising, but look at the year! The email address is:
e-mail address removed - please use personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thank you!

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

shash

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 15:18 GMT (UK) »
I have that email address incorrect. It should be:

E-mail address removed. Please use personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses - DO NOT post on the public forum - this is to prevent spamming and other abuses.  Thank you!!

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 14:45 GMT (UK) »
I was checking out records of soldiers of WW1 and found Edgerton on there. Have you been to this site to check surnames out? There could be other surnames of interest to you as well. I think it's really interesting to read the front and back of the Attestation forms.

shash

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/02010602_e.html ;D