Author Topic: CORKEN OF LISBURN  (Read 3974 times)

Offline minagah

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
CORKEN OF LISBURN
« on: Friday 23 January 04 11:26 GMT (UK) »
My ggrandfather George robert CORKEN  was a vet in Lisburn. His wife was Annie Moreland GIBSON. They had two sons and a daughter - Joshua who came to Australia; Thomas Gibson who went to US and Clara who married a Doherty and moved to England.
Does anyone know of anything about this family?

Offline boomer68

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:CORKEN OF LISBURN
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 May 04 17:10 BST (UK) »
hi

my maden name was corken and i live in lisburn though i spent my child hood in belfast my grandfather also came from lisburn

Offline JulieCorken

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: CORKEN OF LISBURN
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 September 04 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hello -
I have met Mingah (earlier post) before - we have chatted on thecorkenfamily site -
I also met a Corken family in Bangor this spring, although we have no idea if we are related.
I would love to find roots for my ancestor Robert Corken who came to America from Ireland as an indentured servant to the George Mason family and married their daughter Grace. He was born in 1762 and came to Maryland between the ages of 8 and 12. I find no records of his extended family.
 The names in our family are Robert, Thomas, Samuel, James, Hubert and James. And then me, Julie Corken Zimmer, of Vinton, Iowa USA.
Any possible connections? My Robert may have been in Dublin before coming to America.