Author Topic: Bowyer, Woodfin and Davies, Tarporley  (Read 1098 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Bowyer, Woodfin and Davies, Tarporley
« on: Sunday 26 February 06 09:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to solve a puzzel for my son on his paternal side of the family.

My late Father in Law was the son of Emily Bowyer born c 1897.

Cyril Bowyer AKA  Davies was born in October 1920 in Nottingham to Emily who was an unmarried 'servant' (info from Birth cetificate)

Cyril was brought up by Davies and Woodfin families in Tarporely and took their name.

Other children were Olive who died in the early 1920's and Freda Anne

Is there anyone who can re-call a Bowyer family in the Tarporley area ?

I'm about to become a Grandmother for the first time and want to do a family history for my son and his baby.

Thanks
Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Bowyer, Woodfin and Davies, Tarporley
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 February 06 10:13 GMT (UK) »
In the 1901 census there are two Emily Bowyers in Cheshire

One lives at 68 Middlewich Road, Rudheath, parents Abraham and Emily, siblings Percy B, Emily (age 6 born Davenham), Florrie and Edith A.

The other lives Greenfields Lodge, Little Sutton, parents James and Martha, siblings Ernest, Alan Bunnell, Emily (age 1 born Little Sutton).

The name Freda Anne is a bit more distinctive and my suggestion would be that you search the birth indexes (you can check the images themselves at www.ancestry.co.uk) since there doesn't appear to be a Freda transcribed.  If you get her birth certificate you could hopefully match her to the family then since I suspect she must have been born after the 1901 census.

Best of luck with your new grandchild
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Bowyer, Woodfin and Davies, Tarporley
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 February 06 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello MaryA

Thank You for your help

I think Emily may be of  the Rudheath family. Freda Anne was born after 1901 and I think was adopted so I don't know her birth surname which is frustrating.

I'll try the rudheath line.

Much appreciated
Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales