Author Topic: Joseph Dean and Sarah Ann Taylor  (Read 3650 times)

Jamesuk1

Joseph Dean and Sarah Ann Taylor
« on: Thursday 30 September 04 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi all again,
I have another question for you all. An ancestor of mine, Caroline Dean, was the daughter of a Joseph Dean and Sarar Ann Taylor. They had about nine children, who were born in various different places around the country. Joseph was described as a Travelling Tinker on the 1881 census. The eldest daughter, Elizabeth Dean, was born in 1866 in Battersea, London, and, judging from the census records, Sarah Ann was about 16 years old when this happened... The next few children were born in Brighton, and two of the rest born in Croydon. At each census (1881 - 1901) the family was stationed in Sussex (thouggh in the 1891 the husband and wife were living in different houses), and both parents were born in Shoreham. Could anybody find the marriage date & also the parents of Joseph Dean (poss born in 1843, maybe earlier) and Sarah Ann Taylor (born c1850). Thanks for the help. These people are pretty elusive. I think Joseph got the young Sarah pregnant, ran off to london, got married, and came back done and dusted.  :o

Offline forester

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Dean and Sarah Ann Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 September 04 22:20 BST (UK) »
There is one possible date for the marriage of Joseph and Sarah on Free BMD, assuming they weren't in such a rush to get married.
The entry for March 1871, Brighton, 2b 223 has both names.

Phil
Sussex: Satcher (Hamsey) and Gatton (East Grinstead)
Leicestershire: Pratt
South Wales: Evans (Neath)
Poland: Gonet, Deren

Forest Row: War Memorial and Camp WW1
Lewisham War Memorials & WW1 Graves

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk