Author Topic: brown family tree 11111111  (Read 2296 times)

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
brown family tree 11111111
« on: Monday 27 February 06 21:49 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for any information about my great great grandfather and his wife. they got married in the district of maybole in the county of ayr in 1882. his name was joseph brown and her name was elizabeth mclintin. or mclinton i think they both stayed on the same street i think it was coral glen maybole and they got married on 14/04/1882. can anyone help me please i dont know anything about elizabeth. but i have her name on her son's birth certificate as mclintock and i got told it could be mc clinton or mc clintin as well it is just how they spell it in them days. i hope you can help me please. joseph brown was age 28 and elizabeth mcclinton was age 19 when they got married

i am looking for any information on any of these names can you help me please
william brown 1913 + 1985    my grandfather
agnes brown m.s murray 1918 + 1996
these two are husband and wife

william brown 1885 + 1918 my great grandfather
mary carruth brown m.s buchanan 1884 + 1938

joseph brown 1855 + 1893 my great great grandfather
elizabeth brown m.s mc clinton or mc clintin or mclintock 1862 +

joseph brown my great great great grandfather
margaret brown m.s mcluskie
both of these are husband and wife

my grandfather had 5 kids but three are still a live

john brown 1941 + 1941
ritchard brown cant find anything at all for him

i dont know how many kids the other people had i know joseph my ggg grandfather had joseph and joseph  my gg grandfather had william and william my g grandfather had william  my grandfather had , john, ritchard,

so if you can help me that would be good thank you
all the people are from scotland and got married in scotland i think. and all these people are dead.

how would i go about finding two of my grans children two of them died with in a couple of months after they were born. do i look for birth or death certificates. all i have is the name ritchard brown and i got told he was born 1938 or 1940 but i cant find anything at all his father and mother where
william brown agnes brown m.s murray they got married in 1936. john was the other son and i found him as born 1941 died 1941 he lived for two weeks  but i cant find anything for ritchard brown at all can anyone please help me thank you
i think it was govan glasgow or renfrew they stayed at my grandfather and grandmother had 5 kids all together but i cant tell you about the other 3 as they are still alive.. and they cant remember anything about the other two kids. i think i can tell you that the order of births no,1 ( 1937) no,2 ( 1939) no,3 (1955) as far as i know ritchard was meant to be born in between 1937 + 1939 but i got told ritchard and john was born in between these dates but jonh was born 1941 can anyone help me please
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BROWN FAMILY TREE
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 February 06 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello William,

I had a look on the 1881 Cencus for Lanarkshire for your ancestors but unfortunately couldn't find and Joseph Browns with wives Elizabeth or Margaret.

There were 3 Joseph Browns born 1853-57 living in Lanarkshire.

These were:

Joseph BROWN, Unmarried, age 28, born Glasgow, boarding with the Bennett family at 31 Cowlairs Rd, Glasgow

Joseph BROWN, Married to Agnes, age 27 born Old Monkland, living at Cliftonhill Cottage, Old Monkland with sons John aged 3 months and James aged 18 months.

Joseph BROWN, Unmarried, age 24, born Airdrie, living with parents Joseph (age 64) and Janet Brown (age 66) at 77 West Street, Govan

However, there is a Joseph born 1851 married to an Elizabeth . . . .

Address: 36 Kelvin Haugh Street, Barony
Joseph Brown,, age 30, born Kelso, Roxburgh, Occupation: Ship Blockmaker
Elizabeth Brown, age 32, born Dalkeith, Edinburgh (Wife)
John Brown, age 5, born Dumbarton, Dunbarton (Son)
Elizabeth BROWN, age 3, born Govan, Renfrew (Daughter)
Dougald BROWN, age 2, born Dalkeith, Edinburgh (Son)
George BROWN, age 3 months, born Glasgow, Lanark (Son)
also boarding with the family:
Alfred PEARSON, Unmarried, age 30 born in England, Occupation: Railway Goods Guard

But this next one is much more interesting as he seems to have been a boarder with a McLinton family!!!

Address: Coral Glen    Census Place: Maybole, Ayrshire
William MC CLINTON, age 41, born Stoneykirk, Wigtown, Occupation: Shoemaker
Agnes MC CLINTON, age 40, born Symington, Ayrshire (Wife)
Elizabeth MC CLINTON, age 18, born Inch, Wigtown, Occupation: Indoor Worker (Daughter)
Thomas MC CLINTON, age 16, born Maybole, Ayrshire, Occupation: Shoemaker (Son)
William MC CLINTON, age 14, born Maybole, Ayrshire, Occupation: Shoemaker (Son)
Mary MC CLINTON, age 11, born Maybole, Ayrshire, Scholar (Daughter)
Agnes MC CLINTON, age 9, born Maybole, Ayrshire, Scholar (Daughter)
John MC CLINTON, age 7, born Maybole, Ayrshire, Scholar (Son)
Andrew MC CLINTON, age 2, born Maybole, Ayrshire (Son)
Joseph BROWN, Unmarried, age 27, born Cupar Angus, Forfar, Occupation: General Labourer (Relative)

Maybe this is your Joseph and he ended up marrying Elizabeth, the eldest child of the McLinton family.

You would be able to get a copy of this Joseph and Elizabeth's marriage certificate from Scotland's People (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk) and from that, you'll get verification of both sets of parents.

Good Luck!!

Anne

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: BROWN Family Tree
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 February 06 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi William

Just some more info from IGI at www.familysearch.org.  There is one birth for an Elizabeth McClinton on 4 Feb 1863 in Inch, Wigtown. Only mother, Margaret McClinton showing (birth may be illegitimate?). I wonder whether William McClinton may have been Margaret McClinton's brother. He married Agnes, m/s Bruce, in 1861 in Inch, Wigtown. You would need to check certificates (birth for Elizabeth would confirm parent/s or her marriage cert to Joseph).

There is also on IGI one entry for a Helen Brown born to Josepa (as shown) Brown and Margaret McClusky born around 1852 in Newton Stewart, Wigtown. No more children showing for this couple. Now this is a submitted record not an actual extract from the OPRs so be aware the information may not be correct.

There would appear to perhaps be some link to Wigtown area?

Regards.
Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BROWN Family Tree
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 09:55 GMT (UK) »
thank you all so much for your help the 1881 census is the one i need so thank you so much elizabeth mc clinton age 18 did get married to the joseph brown age 27 on the census form that you sent me so thank you so much.. and on her birth certificate it has born 1862. but i cant make out place of birth under the date of birth and time of birth and it has her father and mother as william mc clinton and agnes mc clinton m.s bruce and they got married on 31/01/1861.. and i think it says mack parish of inch. i have looked but i cant find. and the mcluskie could be mclleaskey it is hard to see. so thank you for your help. i will have to try and see if i can read these birth certificates and marriege certificates i found today thanks to you all .. can anyone tell me what this says it is elizabeth's birth certificate
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol