Author Topic: James Jackson born c1806  (Read 1942 times)

Offline alcrighton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
James Jackson born c1806
« on: Thursday 02 March 06 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to trace my 3xg Grandfather James JACKSON who was born in Ireland around 1806.  This is the information I have so far:

- He married (1827) & died (1880) in Dundee, Scotland
- His marriage record from 1827 has his parents' names; Thomas JACKSON & ELizabeth GIBB(?)
- The 1851 census for Dundee and his death certificate have his place of birth as Ireland (no further details)
- I found a references to a couple of JACKSON gravestones in Dundee which have Cavan, Ireland as place of birth

I may well be putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5 but it's possible that my 3xg Grandfather was related to the JACKSONS from the gravestones and may have also come from Cavan.

Any information on the birth of James JACKSON c1806 or his parents' marriage (or some tips on where to look) would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

Al

ps I looked through the the 1821 census for Cavan from the link on this board but could find no JACKSONs.
Crighton, Dundee & London<br />Woodgates, Bath, Devon & London<br />Curtis, Nottinghamshire & Islington<br />Maker, Cornwall & London<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk