Author Topic: Quinn 1841 1851 Wirral  (Read 2356 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Quinn 1841 1851 Wirral
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 August 06 22:25 BST (UK) »
Bang goes my time saver :(

I went through a few directories this morning,looking for any Quin in Wirra.Apart from three names i took i didn't take the rest because i don't have enough information.So this is just a distribution of surnames
1845. Quiet a few Quin in Liverpool none in Wirral
1853. Five Quin in L,Pool no Ankers.I did take these for some reason. Ann Quin Victualer? 105 New Bird Street.
Jane Quin Clothes dealer,19 Hatton Gardens. John Quin, Tailor. 8 Powell Street.
1855. same as above. 1850 No Ankers or quin in Chester
1874 Directory & Gazetta of Cheshire with Stalybrige.Great & Little Neston ,None. There might be more in those books but like the census the directories only give the housholder.The person that pays the rent ;D so if a person is living with someone he might not be in the book.Unless he has a trade then he might be mentioned under that. I picked up the Directory of chester  1976 by mistake. There are 16 Ankers in that, So you might find a Rellie their one day.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline judith 4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 September 06 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

It looks as though its back to square one.

I was wondering if the names of Catherine's and Joseph's grandchildren might give a link, for example one of David Ankers children was called Burton Ankers and I am not sure where that name comes from as his wife's maiden name is Williams, a long shot I know but who knows.
ANKERS, THOMAS, QUIN, BARRATT,SCOTT, SNELL, CHANNON

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 September 06 22:16 BST (UK) »
It looks as though it's back to square one

Well i don't know about that Judith, i think you have moved on,thanks to the census's that were found for you.You started out looking for Cathrine with not much information.You now her grandchildren and more information than you had before.Cathrine will turn up one day when you least expect it. I have had one of my trees for five years and i never got past  my G.Grandfather in 1840.If i ever see any Anker names in Cheshire/Chester directories after 1901 that i recognize i will let you know
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline judith 4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 September 06 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

Your right Celia, I think it is because I am so desperate to get find Catherine before she was married I can have tunnel vision sometimes.

By the way Celia, when you mention directories, what are they and where are they?

Thanks again Celia

Judith

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 03 September 06 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith
The Cheshire Directories or any other county,in a nutshell are books that were printed from the late :-\ 1700 for reasons i do not know down to at the latest 1970.I always explain them as Postal directories.In them you can find a person under their surname,that section will give their address and occupation.Thats the easy bit, Or you can look under trades,or if you want to know who lived in which house in Wirral/Chester/ and for some reason Liverpool. in 1852 you might find a street section.The directories are not all the same. For some reason Rootschat wont let me put a link to the Directory website. So Type in  Historical Directories and go that way.Then you can have a browse ;D

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline judith 4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 03 September 06 17:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Celia, I am off to have a nose now.

Judith