Author Topic: william bevan  (Read 2217 times)

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: william bevan
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 March 06 22:24 GMT (UK) »
hi jan
yes have mary's birth cert 29th march 1889 greengate salford.
11 simpsons passage, it looks like Brennery st can't make it out.
father william Bevan mother Alice Marsden, Chorley. so william must have died shortly after her birth, as alice is a widow  on the 1901 census. so that musn't have been our william in salford.
the pelling on the 1901 census was Bevin they were living at 9 lester st salford.
his birth date should be arounf 1851, if he was telling the truth.
bye for now bren

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 March 06 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Oh well, that's my idea out of the window ;D  At least that bit is sorted!!!!!!

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 March 06 23:34 GMT (UK) »
thanks for the offer of having a snoop round for me.
i wonder if i can be cheeky, and just mention my grandfathers parents who are proving equally problematic , and seeing they are from your part of the world.
Charles Daves a journey man butcher from Welshpool born abt 1851. married Elizabeth Hill  she was from Brosley salop abt 1862/4
they were married in Madeley have the year somewhere and have sent for cert.
i have also sent for my grandfathers cert Arthur Henry davies born 1887 Madeley.  there are a few possible Elizabeth Hill, the certs will sort her out, but can't find anything on Charles from welshpool.
for 1851 or there abouts,  i have them on the 1891 census living at 60 wilton st haywood lancs.

Offline breda gaffy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:13 BST (UK) »
hi jan have been away but back to william bevan
i know on the 1881 he said he was 30, but i have found a christening for a william bevan 10 dec 1843 in Alberbuy, think you said that would be probably the closes church to Stanford, do you think he was telling porckies? do you think this could be a possible? bren