Author Topic: essex 1871 look up  (Read 1242 times)

Offline colleen

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
essex 1871 look up
« on: Saturday 02 October 04 20:08 BST (UK) »
 Hi
    Could someone please look up John William Mace born 1867 london. His father is also John William Mace,i am try to find some record of the family,i have just recieved a copy of the marriage certificate he married mary moseley in 1889 in st lukes church , victoria dock.Iam desperate to find out his mothers name and where they lived when they were with his parents. .As far as i know there was a brother Albert E Mace born 1872, a sister Maud and although unconfirmed another brother Walter.For some reason Albert was born in Yorkshire,have been trying to solve this for two years.please help.
                                   John E Mace
Mace,Reeves,Lee,Murphy,Hodgkins,Rusby,Mail,Burdett,Moseley.Howes,approx 1000 names in tree.
                                                                           places;West Ham,Canning Town,Poplar, Bow,Stepney,counties include,Norfolk Essex,London,Middlesex,Kent,Staffordshire,Yorkshire,also Mace ,Rusby and others in USA.

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
Re: essex 1871 look up
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 October 04 23:16 BST (UK) »
colleen, have you thought about getting his birth cert?
these are the only results from 1837.com for 1867

john mace b. jan 1867 Mitford 4b 265

john william mace b. warrington 8c 168
Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith

Offline colleen

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 October 04 09:14 BST (UK) »
 Thanks for trying but john william mace was born in west ham, or london i cannot find his birth details to order a copy of the certificate. The whole family are very difficult to find as they never seem to appear together.Has any one out there got any other ideas, please respond.
Mace,Reeves,Lee,Murphy,Hodgkins,Rusby,Mail,Burdett,Moseley.Howes,approx 1000 names in tree.
                                                                           places;West Ham,Canning Town,Poplar, Bow,Stepney,counties include,Norfolk Essex,London,Middlesex,Kent,Staffordshire,Yorkshire,also Mace ,Rusby and others in USA.

Offline Annemarie Shuttle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 October 04 10:41 BST (UK) »
You could try reversing the forenames when searching for them on the census.
I have a Hobbs family which did just that it was only through ordering the certificate that i managed to work out it was the correct family.

James Harry was listed as Harry James
Sarah Gertrude listed as Gertrude Sarah
Charles Harold listed as Harold Charles.

etc

West Ham is a large area to check can you narrow it down a little?

Annemarie
Claydon(all)
/Shuttle/Dabbs/Hobbs/Jackson/Oblein/Flack/Watling/Chaplin/Hale(s)/Fewel/Heard/Coram/Gregory/Chumbley/Wright/Chivers/
Dowsett and many more..........