Author Topic: The Lodge Brymbo  (Read 9511 times)

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Lodge Brymbo
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 March 11 18:58 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage in Q September 1921 for a William Rowlands and a Hannah E Griffiths.  Also in the same quarter, 1921, a birth for an Oswell Rowlands.  A possible birth for a William D Rowlands in December Q, 1922.
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline Emmatreb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Lodge Brymbo
« Reply #19 on: Friday 19 April 24 11:13 BST (UK) »
I lived in The Lodge (Wrexham) for many years during my youth.  I left in 1972 when I married and moved away.  Firstly, The Lodge address is "Lodge, Wrexham"  NOT BRYMBO. The building showing the Co-op was there for many years. Opposite this building was a shoe shop.  To the person who questioned about the houses at the side of the
Co-op:- No, the shop staff did not live in them, but they were private houses - including on the left was the village Police Station. This village (in its prime) was large - larger than the next village which was Southsea.  It boasted the following:- 2 x Florists / 1 x wholesale vegetable / Ivy's shop (which was extremely small) / Gallimore's shoe & boot repairer / Fish & Chip shop / Post Office / Ironmonger/ Shoe & Boot seller/repairs / small grocery - sweet shop / the Co-op.  It also boasted it's own police station / Doctor's surgery & 3 Chapels!  This is how I remember it ..... quite a large village!!  :)