Author Topic: Old transcribed registers of Wallasey is it done  (Read 901 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Old transcribed registers of Wallasey is it done
« on: Tuesday 07 March 06 17:23 GMT (UK) »
I have started to copy from the book, The Parish registers of Wallasey in the county of Chester. 1547-1812. The old register of Wallasey Parish Church. Which was transcribed by the Historic society of Lanacashire  and Cheshire in the 1930's ? The original records the book says are ineligible in places. I have copied Burials so far from 1799 1800 and part of 1801. Befor i do anymore can anyone tell me if this has been done, and are these records available to anyone anywhere on the net.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Old transcribed registers of Wallasey is it done
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Try contacting the local family history group or the nearest Record office.  I am sure they will know.   You may be contravening someone's copyright if you are taking details from the book rather than the original register.   Sounds a good project though.
Andrea

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrea
Before i do anymore can anyone tell me if this has been done, and are these records available to anyone anywhere on the net.

If so, i wont do any more,I do not intend to put them on the net. The book doesn't have a copywrite clause. I do not copy the exact wording,so this is my work and as far as a know my work is copywrite, to me ;D,I think :-\
My intentions are to keep a record of burials (to many marriages ;D ) For the use of others who might have burials in the church yard. If i have these at home people can contact me to see if there are any burials for a Samuel Bennett who was the son of James and Sarah Bennett. Even the big typewritten book is hard to read in places.
Hope this clarifies your fears ;)

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 21:04 GMT (UK) »
I don't know that I had fears!    Copyright is a minefield that we keep on tripping over here on rootschat, witness the number of posts and the times the copyright editor keeps popping up, so I was anxious that you avoid the possible problems.  I am never sure of the actual law.   It just seems to be a pest!
Andrea