Author Topic: Keynsham, Temple Street.  (Read 2880 times)

Offline sivartd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Keynsham, Temple Street.
« on: Sunday 03 October 04 08:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for old photo's of a place no longer there. It is Temple Street, opposite the Ship Inn, I believe it may have been number 59 or 58. Their son Frank Neal, was still in the house in (about) the 1910-20's.

My family of NEAL (E) had lived there for many years, if anyone is researching this family and has any photos of them or the area they lived in, I would be truly pleased to see them.  :)

Bye for now, Doreen.  :-*
Names: DEAKIN, FENTON, DALE, BRAMHALL, WROE, NEAL(E), HOGGINS, MARQUET, HINSLEY, PERCIVAL, BUTTLE, GLOSSOP.

Places: Lancs, Manchester, Salford. Yorks, Snaith. Somerset, Keynsham, Bristol. Shropshire, Wrockwardine Wood. Cheshire, Northwich. London, Chelsea.

Offline jackg2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Keynsham, Temple Street.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 May 05 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Doreen
 have you tried http://wwwfrancisfrith.com/pageloader=asp?page, also if you do a search for old photos, theres plenty out there.
Good luck Jack ;D   

Offline Beevee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 December 09 14:49 GMT (UK) »
I have a photograph of the row of cottages that used to be opposite the Ship Inn in Temple Street. One of them may be the one you are looking for.They were pulled down in the 1970's. Unfortunately it is too large to send as an attachment. Perhaps I could send it by e-mail.
It's from the collection of the Keynsham and Saltford Local History Society.
Brian Vowles

Offline mjp66

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 December 09 17:54 GMT (UK) »
I have a book called Keynsham in old pictures and postcards. In it is a photo of the old Methodist chapel in Temple Strret and several cottages beyond it . As the old chapel was number 52 then 58 is probably the third house past it. Is this any use.