Author Topic: Cheshire Parish Records Marriages only pre 1837  (Read 539751 times)

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cheshire Parish Records Marriages only pre 1837
« Reply #1791 on: Saturday 20 June 09 18:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you for looking.

I don't know where to go from here. William Crawford was rather random about his age on census returns and I don't know what Elizabeth's surname was. William was born in Duddon and Elizabeth was born in Over; in 1841 they were living in Over and their eldest child was probably born 1823-24. They had a son George, christened in Over on 6 Dec 1826. Their surname was written as Crawfort on one census and Crawfurt on another record.

It's all very interesting, though :)

Hi sfir,

If I'm looking at the right family in 1841 there is a daughter, Mary, born c1839 - I think that I would send off for her birth certificate which will give you Elizabeth's maiden name.  There is a Mary CROWFOOT on the index at www.cheshirebmd.org.uk in 1839 born in the Over/Winsford sub district which could be her.  The 1841 image also looks like CROWFOOT.

Hope this helps,

Jean

PS. Have rechecked the index for CROWFOOT / CROWFORD spellings but no luck.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline lindsayH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hi chris.

I am woundering if you have any details on the marriage of Edward Hyde (abt 1798, Prestbury) to I think, Sarah Stevenson (abt 1806, brn Laughbourough). I am trying to acertain the details of the parents of Edward Hyde and obviously anything which can be traced further back from Edward Hyde.I am not exactly sure what type of info is recorded on the marriage records you have but any info would be appreciated.

Regards.

Lindsay

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: Thursday 02 July 09 18:11 BST (UK) »
Hi chris.

I am woundering if you have any details on the marriage of Edward Hyde (abt 1798, Prestbury) to I think, Sarah Stevenson (abt 1806, brn Laughbourough). I am trying to acertain the details of the parents of Edward Hyde and obviously anything which can be traced further back from Edward Hyde.I am not exactly sure what type of info is recorded on the marriage records you have but any info would be appreciated.

Regards.

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

Nothing on my indexes for an Edward Hyde marriage - the index wouldn't give the parents, but usually you wouldn't get this information on the parish register entry at this time either.  I'd suggest you post on the main lookup board to see if someone can find a baptism for you.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Jean

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)

Offline Candolim_Imp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: Friday 03 July 09 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Desperate for some help tracking down the marriage of John Roberts to his wife, Frances (AKA Fanny). John was from Wales, but Fanny was born Neston, Cheshire as were their oldest known children (youngest born after the family moved to Tarbock, Lancs).

The eldest known child was William born 1804 in Neston. John was born c1780, Fanny c1779. As their older children were adults by the time of the censuses, it's possible there may have been others before William.

So I'm looking for a marriage of John Roberts to Frances/Fanny between 1795 & 1804... probably in Neston

Hope you can help

Impy
Hodge; Southport, Lancs
Pugh; Salop, Liverpool
Hulm; Bootle, Southport
Guildford; Liverpool
Clausen; Denmark, Liverpool
Yapp/Yopp; Salop
Marshall, Rimmer, Howard, Johnson, Jackson; Southport
Bury; Heref, Herts
Dady; Norfolk, Southport
Colebourne; Liverpool
Small; Barbados, Liverpool
Murray; West Indies, Liverpool
Williams; Africa, Liverpool
Jenner; Glos

Offline phyllys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: Friday 03 July 09 02:22 BST (UK) »
Hello I am hoping you can find for me a marriage between Henry Brindley and Elizabeth(maybe Hannah) Hall between 1800 and 1820 in Chester Cheshire. Their son Henry was my great grandfather. Any information on this marriage record would be helpful. I am having trouble finding the correct Brindley family for my Henry.
kind regards Phyllys
Brindley in Macclesfield or Lancashire
Hall in Macclesfield or Lancashire

Ronan in Tipperary, Ireland
Reilly in Cork, Ireland

Offline kwiffboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: Friday 03 July 09 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

I a m trying to trace a Charles Davenport who married an Elizabeth. They lived in the Acton Parish of Cheshire. I have found some of his children who's Baptisms show them living in Fadiley, Woodhey, Brindley & Acton. He is not to be confused with his son  Charles, Baptised 2nd March 1740, who also married an Elizabeth (Thirlwell).

His children were born (baptised) in 1740 - Charles, 1742 - James, 1744 - George, 1746 - Elizabeth & 1748 - Catherine.

I have assumed a birth date of approximately 1705 - 1721, and a marriage date of 1730 - 1740 (as none of his children are listed as illigitimate)

I have searched the Acton Parish records for both his Baptism and marriage but cannot find anything. Either I've missed it, he was born in another Parish, and/or they married wherever Elizabeth hailed from.

Many thanks,

Kwiffboy.

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: Friday 03 July 09 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Desperate for some help tracking down the marriage of John Roberts to his wife, Frances (AKA Fanny). John was from Wales, but Fanny was born Neston, Cheshire as were their oldest known children (youngest born after the family moved to Tarbock, Lancs).

The eldest known child was William born 1804 in Neston. John was born c1780, Fanny c1779. As their older children were adults by the time of the censuses, it's possible there may have been others before William.

So I'm looking for a marriage of John Roberts to Frances/Fanny between 1795 & 1804... probably in Neston

Hope you can help

Impy

Hi Impy,

I thought that this rang a bell, the marriage isn't at Neston according to the online records, and the only one that I can see is still the Frances HOPLEY one.

See previous post: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,136771.1305.html

Jean

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: Friday 03 July 09 18:11 BST (UK) »
Hello I am hoping you can find for me a marriage between Henry Brindley and Elizabeth(maybe Hannah) Hall between 1800 and 1820 in Chester Cheshire. Their son Henry was my great grandfather. Any information on this marriage record would be helpful. I am having trouble finding the correct Brindley family for my Henry.
kind regards Phyllys

Hi Phyllys,

Some of the Chester records are on line here: http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb/ but I can't see a marriage for Henry.

I have checked on my indexes but nothing for Henry.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Jean

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: Friday 03 July 09 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

I a m trying to trace a Charles Davenport who married an Elizabeth. They lived in the Acton Parish of Cheshire. I have found some of his children who's Baptisms show them living in Fadiley, Woodhey, Brindley & Acton. He is not to be confused with his son  Charles, Baptised 2nd March 1740, who also married an Elizabeth (Thirlwell).

His children were born (baptised) in 1740 - Charles, 1742 - James, 1744 - George, 1746 - Elizabeth & 1748 - Catherine.

I have assumed a birth date of approximately 1705 - 1721, and a marriage date of 1730 - 1740 (as none of his children are listed as illigitimate)

I have searched the Acton Parish records for both his Baptism and marriage but cannot find anything. Either I've missed it, he was born in another Parish, and/or they married wherever Elizabeth hailed from.

Many thanks,

Kwiffboy.

Hi Kwiffboy,

This might warrant a bit of further investigation:

Charles DAVENPORT m Elizabeth PAINTER 28 Feb 1727 (old date format) Whitegate St Mary by licence.

Hope this helps,

Jean