Author Topic: An amazing coincidence!  (Read 5153 times)

Offline SallyF

• RootsChat Senior
  • My mum and big brother
    • View Profile
Re: An amazing coincidence!
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 March 06 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Sylviaann,  I might just do that sometime soon.  I think it may become one of those "Ooo, wouldn't it be great to know" items that niggle away at you.

If I ever do find out I'll let you know.

Sally
Foreman, McAlpine, Bainbridge - Northumberland
White, Keeley, Golding - Suffolk
Johnson - Staffordshire
Wild, Green, Cusworth - Yorkshire (West Riding)

Offline little meg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 March 06 04:49 GMT (UK) »
hi all,
I found a fourth cousin, once removed living next door to my son.
Trouble was; he was " the boy next door that played loud music."  :o
And they still provided me with their details, what nice people.
Margaret
Simpson-Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Overend-Sutton, Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Whitaker - Cononley/Yorkshire, Pickard - Silsden/Yorkshire, Howarth - Skipton/Yorkshire and Lancashire, Heaton-Yorkshire, Preston-Yorkshire, Myers-Yorkshire & Australia, Wild-Yorkshire & Australia. Storey-Middlesex/Australia

Offline olinda

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 March 06 23:25 GMT (UK) »
A romantic (and spooky) story to add to your list. My mother was evacuated to Mountain Ash when our house in Cardiff was bombed during the war. We then moved back to Cardiff and 17 years later I met my future husband. When I was 24 we decided to marry and I dug out my birth certificate to facilitate the obtaining of a wedding certificate. My mother had attached to the certificate a paper cutting (from the South wales Echo) showing my birth and next to my birth announcement was my husbands - born in Cardiff the day after me.  I reckon we were fated to marry - and it has lasted 40 years so far !.
Urquhart (Orkney, Shetland, Liverpool, Cardiff)
Nippers (Wlltshire,Bristol,Glamorgan)
Catford (Bristol, Cardiff)
Sims (Worcester, Glamorgan)
Rose (Devon Cardiff)
Westlake (Devon, Cardiff)

Offline Burrow Digger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 March 06 02:08 GMT (UK) »
I have found ancestors in a census living in the same street.  Their descendants married about 50 years later.  Perhaps their grandparents knew one another.

Sylviaann

I have the exact same thing. Two Burrow families living next door to each other in the 1881 census and as far as I can tell totally unrelated to each other, despite having the same name. I just recently discovered that the daughter of one family got married and her husbands neice married the son of the other family.

I still think the two heads of family are related as well - just havent figured out how yet. :) 

BD
BURROW, BICKHAM, EVANS, SULLEY, STONE - Devon
STEPHENS, MALLET, ADAMS - Cornwall
HANCOCK , BUSSON - Somerset
MCCALLUM, MCDIARMID, MCNEILL - Argyle, Scotland
WALLS, SUTHERLAND, SIMPSON - Orkney, Scotland
FAIRBAIRN - Fife, Scotland
THOMPSON - Aberdeen, Scotland

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 13:36 BST (UK) »
A romantic (and spooky) story to add to your list. My mother was evacuated to Mountain Ash when our house in Cardiff was bombed during the war. We then moved back to Cardiff and 17 years later I met my future husband. When I was 24 we decided to marry and I dug out my birth certificate to facilitate the obtaining of a wedding certificate. My mother had attached to the certificate a paper cutting (from the South wales Echo) showing my birth and next to my birth announcement was my husbands - born in Cardiff the day after me.  I reckon we were fated to marry - and it has lasted 40 years so far !.

I would say that was definitely a bit spooky Olinda and congrats on the long marriage - and many more to come

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>