Author Topic: Eliza Isley Kelly  (Read 8363 times)

Offline annabelleH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Isley Kelly
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 December 07 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stu
I have eliza in my family tree also, she would have been my gt gt gt grandmother, what is your relationship? always interested to know more, particularly about Isley Blou

Offline stu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 December 07 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annabelle,

My link with Eliza Isley Kelly is actually through marriage, but I am still interested as to where Isley Blou is!

Eliza's daughter (Martha Robinson born 1850 in Stockton on Tees) married George Groskop in 1866. Their eldest son, Henry Groskop, married Annie May in 1891. Before Annie married Henry she had an illegitimate daughter Rica Aileen in 1885. Rica Aileen Stockdale May is my Great Grandmather, she died in 1922.
Just recently I had a suggestion as to where Isley Blou might be.
"Isley Blou could be Isla de Leon - the island of Leon, just down the caost from Cadiz. Looking at the 1851 census page, the enumerator's "n" sometimes lookes like a "u" and the B could actually be a D. The British Army was out there fighting the Peninsular War with the Spanish & Portugese against the French from about 1810-1814 ish. If you anglicise the Spanish place name, you quite possibly come up with the phonetic place where she might have been born, (Isley=Isla. Dlon=De Leon . . . . Isla de Leon". What do you think?

Regards

Stu

Offline annabelleH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 30 December 07 20:01 GMT (UK) »
I think you and I have already had this conversation, you emailed me privately!

Offline stu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 30 December 07 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Oh . . . . sorry, I don't remember contacting an Annabelle !

Stu

Offline annabelleH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 30 December 07 20:43 GMT (UK) »
alias anne!

Offline stu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 30 December 07 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Oh . . . . Anne H****** (I won't put your real name!). I thought I hadn't been in touch with an Annabelle.

Hope the wife isn't looking, she will wonder who all these females are.

I'll get to bottom of this Isley Blou thing if it kills me!

Stu

Offline JayG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 08 August 09 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am getting a ittle confused here I have just found some mail from Wobble about an e-mail I was suppost to have received but haven;t got and I gather Allan you are a new person interested in ROBINSONS.

Help it was hard enough sorting the names out when I had 2 Robinsons marrying and all their offspring - there are offspring coming out of the woodwork now.

I noticed that Henry was a boilersmith - the other strange thing about all this is Michael - my otehr half his mother's grandfather was a Hay who married one of the Robinsons. Marmaduke Hay lived in the same street as Henry Robinson at one point and guess what - - -  Duke Hay had a boilersmith business.   I wonder if he worked for him. They would have been related Henry would hve been Marmadukes uncle by arriage - I think.

Hazel

Is anyone still in touch with Hazel?  She's not been online since 2006.

I've got Duke Hay in my tree.

Jay

Offline annabelleH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 15 August 09 20:15 BST (UK) »
just to say thankyou to those who have helped with this mystery for me and thankyou for posting my previous thread.
All appreciated but still cannot unravel it!

Offline Tes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 14 November 09 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am also researching Eliza Isly Kelly and Robert Robinson they were my great great great grandparents, their son Henry was my great great grandfather, I am also stuck on the Kelly family.
         Tes
Whitehouse, Walker, Butler, Robinson from Stockton-on-Tees. Whitehouse, Robinson, Watling from Yorkshire. Butler and Sutton from Staffordshire. Butler, Sutton from County Durham. Watling, Mallabar from Darlington. Taylor form Middlesex, Sussex, Sydney Australia. Penrose from Sennen Cornwall. Sizmur from Lambeth london. Griffiths from Llangollen Wales and Toxteth Park Lancashire. Rosser-Davies from Wales and Stockton-on-Tees.