Author Topic: All Chaplin's in Berkshire  (Read 16815 times)

Offline geney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
All Chaplin's in Berkshire
« on: Saturday 11 March 06 12:56 GMT (UK) »
 All Chaplin's in Berkshire let get our heads together,there must be a lot of Chaplin's in your Family Tree's. Don't be  embarrested or confused ??? lets get our heads together and sort the family tree's out.
According to a map reference Berkshire was the ancestral Home in 1800 and until the family's grew away moved to other parts of the country. Edward Chaplin b1830, Sister Sarah Chaplin b 1828, who where their parents?

They say more heads get together, we could crack this!

Come on lets get moving on this, as we are stuck are you?

Geney

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: All Chaplin's in Berkshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 April 06 18:37 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at and registered your interest in the surname interests table.  There is at least one berks Chaplin in there.  The link is at the foot of the page.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hopscotch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 April 06 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hello

Thank you for sending me that information, I had not looked there as yet.

But there is so much we all try to do, some times I have closed down and realised that I had not looked up some thing most annoying.

Thank you again

Hopscotch 

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 May 06 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I have a Sarah Chaplin, born around 1828, married to a Henry Howard.  I am just awaiting delivery of their marriage cert, hopefully that will give me a bit more info. They are from the Easthampstead area.
Regards,
Carol

Offline Hopscotch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 May 06 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol

I have Gt Gt Grandfather Edward Chaplin b 1829 Easthampstead, Berkshire,  Sarah Chaplin is Edwards sister. How do you fit in the family tree cousin.
There is more but will let you get over the shock!

All the best

Hopscotch (Fay)

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 May 06 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Hopscotch,

Just had an e-mail fron Jane,  i'm her sister - in- law, haven'd had a chance to follow up on this side of the tree in quite a while as I am also doing my fathers tree, my mothers tree, my friends tree and my mothers cousins tree.... it get confussing!  Anyway, all I have is Sarah's name, although I am now awaiting a copy of her marriage certificate to Henry Howard, I do not as yet have her parents details, do you have these by any chance?

Regards,
Carol

Offline Hopscotch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 May 06 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Elrowe
I had a feeling you was related to Jane but to late to say anything after I had answered your reply. I don't have the marriage certificate, perhaps Jane has! but I only know by what Jane has informed me of the family tree. We will have to let everyone know what we have been up too. Jane will give you my email address if you want to get in touch.
How long have you been research your family's tree's? I could not do all them in one go. It is bad enough with all the Sarah's, William's, Edward's, Henry's. in the Chaplin Family.

Happy searching
Hopscotch (Fay)

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 May 06 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Hopscotch,
I started small in the 70's not really knowing anything about anything, but got a few details from my great grandmother, but back then things seemed a little daunting as I was only a teenager so I filed things away and although I kept tit bits from older family before they died off, I didn't really get started till a couuple of years ago.  Then when I got well into it, I got Jane interested and have shared all my stuff with her as I got it. However as I discovered other family members also doing the same research, I seem to get side tracked a lot and do different branches for a while, now I'm back onto this line.  Do you know who Sarah/Edwards parents were? Do you have information any further back than them?
Regards for now, Carol

Offline geney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 May 06 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Elrowe

With Sarah Chaplin b 1828 Sister to my GtGt Grandfather Edward Chaplin b 1829, their parents were Henry Chaplin b 1806 Easthampsted, Berkshire, Sarah (?) Chaplin b 1806 Easthampstead, Berkshire. Jane and I  have noticed in the Census pages they were living either next door or two or three doors away from one another.
We will have to keep in touch with one another as we will be answering  each others messages.
Will be in touch

Hopscotch (Fay)