Author Topic: All Chaplin's in Berkshire  (Read 16813 times)

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: All Chaplin's in Berkshire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 June 06 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Geney,

Do you have a tree I could look at?  I have one on Genes Reunited if you subscribe.
Regards, Carol

Offline colinsorigins

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 June 06 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hi all you Chaplins,

Just a point of information re-All Chaplins in Berkshire.

The IGI lists 167 Chaplins in Berkshire from the 1540's in Wantage to the 1850's in Reading.

Happy hunting.

Best wishes

Colin
Winterslow: Shears, Sheath, Stainer, Ballard
Wilton: Pressley, Beckett
Downton: Davis
Oxford: Honey
Usk/Caerwent: Thomas
Radnage/Dixton: Howells

Offline mcconnell922

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 February 09 21:38 GMT (UK) »
hi just wondered if any one can help.
i'm looking for the ancestors of a george chaplin1851 who married a sarah from clutton in somerset. george was from easthampstead berks then moved to the aberbeeg area of wales. their son william wilfred chaplin 1883is my husbands ggrandfather. any help would be greatful
clare

Offline matt94

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 February 09 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Burials Easthampstead:

4 Mar 1905 - Edward Chaplin, 75years.
8 Sept 1888 - William Chaplin, 87years    --  Possible Father of Edward + Sarah?

There are alot of Chaplins in Easthampstead if you would like me to send on more details?

Matt
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline matt94

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 February 09 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Henry 14 Jan 1888 Easthampstead aged 72

sorry I just saw that you found Henry was the father.

Matt
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Samantha roff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 April 09 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Clare
I had read the previous message regarding a John Chaplin who relocated to wales in 1871 from Easthampstead, Berkshire and thought this might be of some help. William Chaplin (John's Father)was born in Easthampstead in 1801 and married a Sarah Parker (Born 1803) also from Easthampstead, Berkshire. I have been unable to track the date of the marriage so far but i do know that they had in total seven children.
Elizabeth Chaplin B1823
John Chaplin B1826
James Chaplin B1831
Henry Chaplin B1834
Mary Chaplin B1837
Thomas Chaplin B1839
Joseph Chaplin B1848
The children were all born in Easthampstead Berkshire. I am related throught Henry Chaplin but i do know that John Chaplin B1827 did move from Easthampstead to wales in 1871 and in the process moved his children with him. His wife Elizabeth Gatland died in 1869 and left him with 5 children to look after, one being your George Chaplin 1851. George Chaplin did indeed marry Sarah form clutton somerset. Just to confuse you even more,  William Chaplin 1801 father was Edward Chaplin 1770 and his mother was Esther/ Hester Cock B1764 and their marrage date was the 17 Jan 1796 Easthampstead.
Good luck! 

Chaplin- Berkshire
Rawlings- Guildford
Harding- Guildford
Eagleton- Guildford

Offline orak100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 April 09 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Samantha

I am related to the Chaplins through my mother's mother's mother!  I have a question relating to your reply above. 

You write that:  "William Chaplin 1801 father was Edward Chaplin 1770 and his mother was Esther/ Hester Cock B1764 ".  I have the following dates for Edward Chaplin (1763) and Esther/Hester Cock (1771).  My information comes from Dale Headington and I'm not sure where he found it!  I was wondering where your info comes from and if it's more reliable than his!

Gary

Offline Samantha roff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 25 April 09 07:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary,
thanks for your message regarding the parents of William Chaplin 1801. I am sorry to say that i am not completely sure as to where i had found the information from as it was a long time ago. If memory serves me right i do think it was another family tree. I knew that if i included the information someone would tell me if it was wrong.  Your dates are more then likely right for Hester cock and Edward Chaplin so don't change them!! if you don't mind me keeping your dates that would be a great help for my research. All the other information in my last post was found on Ancestry and should be right!
So who was your mothers, mothers, mother?
Many thanks
Samantha Roff
Chaplin- Berkshire
Rawlings- Guildford
Harding- Guildford
Eagleton- Guildford

Offline orak100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 April 09 09:04 BST (UK) »
Samantha

No worries.  I wouldn't have a clue how I found a few of my older entries on our tree!  Of course you can keep the dates.  If you're on Genes Reunited, I can give you access to my tree, if you like.  I'm also on Ancestry.co.uk but the tree's not as up-to-date.

I forgot to mention previously but I have a marriage date for William & Sarah of 1822, again from Dale Headington.

I left a mother off!  In fact my mother's mother's mother's mother was Mary Chaplin 1836-1911, daughter of William (1801) and who married John Vass.

Gary