Author Topic: 1850 DEATH RECORD ABERDEENSHIRE PLEASE  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Union Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1850 DEATH RECORD ABERDEENSHIRE PLEASE
« on: Monday 04 October 04 05:18 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for a record of the death of my great, great grandmother Margaret FORSYTH (maiden name ANDERSON).  Margaret married Robert FORSYTH in the parish of Kincardine O'Neal in 1848.

Evidence indicates that she died in child-birth when my great grandfather, James FORSYTH was born c. 30 Nov 1850.  Robert and his 4 month old son, James are listed on the 1851 census in New Pitligo (parish of Tyrie).

Can you help me locate a record of Margaret's death (or Jame's birth), please?
Forsyth, McPherson, McConnachie, Anderson (Aberdeenshire), Collier, Garraty, Noquet (London), Brown (Hertford)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: 1850 DEATH RECORD ABERDEENSHIRE PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Union Jack,

I had a look in the published pre-1855 memorial inscription books for Aberdeenshire - no luck I'm afraid.

I checked for both Margaret Anderson and Margaret Forsyth in Kincardine O'Neal and Tyrie.  There were no Forsyths at all in either and a few Andersons but nobody that fitted the bill.

I also checked the deaths at Aberdeen Rotal Infirmary, though I believe this is incomplete as the register is an admissions and discharge list it often doesn't say if someone was discharged or died.  There was one Maragret Anderson but not yours.  Also checked the obits in Aberdeen Journal - nowt.

I know it doesn't help much, sorry.  Have you any other possible locations?

Best of luck,
Pam
:-)
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Union Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 17:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you Pam.  I've reviewed my files and apologize for having provided incomplete details - in fact, "died in child-birth" was actually incorrect information.

I hope this isn't too confusing as both James's mother and step-mother were named Margaret.  Here goes.

James appears at age "4 mos." in the 1851 census for 50 High Street, New Pitsligo in the parish of Tyrie, along with his father Robert, his sister Fanny and Robert's wife Margaret, born Banchory-Ternan, Kincardine.

I had assumed this to be his step-mother Margaret [Christie] Forsyth but have since noted that . . .

the 1861 census, shows the family living at Tillyeve, a croft or estate in the parish of Udny and lists "Margaret C., born Old Deer, Aberdeenshire" as Robert's wife.

It appears therefore, that James's mother [Anderson] was still living when he was 4 months old and she was born in Banchory-Ternan.  Might she have returned there to her family if she was very ill and in need of care?  I understand women often returned home for delivery of a child - perhaps she did die in childbirth as her grandaughter alleges but the child came after James.

Alternatively, and more likely, perhaps the family had already moved to Udny before she died.

Thanks so much for helping me sort out this puzzle.

Jack

Forsyth, McPherson, McConnachie, Anderson (Aberdeenshire), Collier, Garraty, Noquet (London), Brown (Hertford)

Offline Union Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 20:43 BST (UK) »
  :-\

Pam,

I goofed again -it's NEW DEER (not Old Deer as I indicated in the previous posting)  Sorry,

Jack

Offline twink

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Researching family history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Peters / Breden / Breeds / Evans + more, Garner / Ensbury / Beaver / Burgess + more, Elrick / Giles / Salmon / Parsons + more, Lucas / Webster / Austin / Chopping + more

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 December 04 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jack,

Apologies again for my slowness.

I've checked the following...
Old Deer
New Deer
Ternan
& Tyrie

Nowt - no Anderson that fits the bill.

Sorry,
Pam
 :(
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!