Author Topic: Another Swansea Address please:-)  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Another Swansea Address please:-)
« on: Saturday 11 March 06 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am searching for another Swansea address that no longer seems to exist:-(

Can anyone help please? (I want to add it to my list when I visit Swansea for the first time later this year).

On the 1891 Census for Wales my GreatGrandparents Evan & Margaret Rees were living at:

No 1, Brynforgau Terrace, Llangyfelach, Swansea. (Ref: RG12/4472).

I can't find it on any current Map & would imagine that it's been demolished or re-named...Any ideas welcomed.

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Margaret Richardson (nee Robinson)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Swansea Address please:-)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 March 06 19:55 GMT (UK) »
I think that its Brynforgan not Brynforgau. I'm not sure it does exist any more.

If you go to www.multimap.com and type in Rock Terrace and click on the Swansea one you will see if you zoom in that it is near Ynysforgan and Clydach Road which are the address's near Brynforgan on the census return you mention in 1891

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 March 06 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that David, - I expect it's been demolished then.

I found the map, - many thanks.

Best Wishes, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline stephen7

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 April 06 17:06 BST (UK) »
Quote from: Romilly link=topic=137968.msg620407#msg620407 date=1142104

On the 1891 Census for Wales my GreatGrandparents Evan & Margaret Rees

[quote
hi romilly,
nothing to do with this post in particular, noticed your g/grandfather's name: Evan Rees.
don't know if it is any connection or if you already know. Evan Rees, was a large Butter/egg producers in swansea and used to have business premises on the kingsway, swansea.
maybe some connection..................
regards
steve
watson,smith,(cambridge)cadle,(gloucester)hutton,utton, phenix,(norfolk)tarleton,paterson,sommerville,stephenson ( lanarkshire) ,walker, lewis, mordecai,sparks,(glamorgan),bolitho. (cornwall)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 April 06 18:21 BST (UK) »
Quote from: Romilly link=topic=137968.msg620407#msg620407 date=1142104
On the 1891 Census for Wales my GreatGrandparents Evan & Margaret Rees
[quote
hi romilly,
nothing to do with this post in particular, noticed your g/grandfather's name: Evan Rees.
don't know if it is any connection or if you already know. Evan Rees, was a large Butter/egg producers in swansea and used to have business premises on the kingsway, swansea.
maybe some connection..................
regards
steve

Hi Steve,

Going on info from the various Censuses for Wales, my Evan Rees's all seem to have been Coppermen, & to have lived in Llangafelach, - but who knows...perhaps the one that you mention was related in some way that I have yet to discover!

Thanks for your interest,
All Best Wishes, Romilly.
Researching: