Author Topic: Charles NESLING MRCVS Vet in Framlingham  (Read 2489 times)

Offline w105uk aka Margi :-)

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • is back from hols :-( and back at work :-(
    • View Profile
Charles NESLING MRCVS Vet in Framlingham
« on: Sunday 12 March 06 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Charles Crickmay Nesling was a Vet in Framlingham
in 1891 he was boarding in Will Close square?
and by 1901 he was marries to Susannah nee Brook and living The Hermitage Framlingham.
does anyone know if i can find out more information about him....
i know about his family, he was born in Kenton and his father was a farmer, Lodge farm Kenton.and that he was a boarder at Albert Middle Class College Framlingham in 1881 is this where he would have done his trainiing ...........is there any way to find out how and when he qualified.
next time i go to the Record office i will look him up in the directories...but am wondering if there are any websites that might be useful?
just being nosy but its interesting to find someone who is not an ag lab :-)
margaret
Brook,Suffolk, London,Nottingham. <br />Goodchild, Suffolk<br />Boreham,Suffolk<br />Youngman, Suffolk, Australia<br />Day, Suffolk<br />Beckett, Suffolk<br />Last, Suffolk

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: Charles NESLING MRCVS Vet in Framlingham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 March 06 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Contact me directly please  :D

My husband has written about Charles in past publications and we have a photograph of him which was in 'Framlingham Portrait of a Suffolk Town' (one of husbands books).

We knew his daughter Nancy very well, she was a lovely person.
She lived at The Hermitage, which was sold after her death and has been updated and modernised, but it's still there.

And yes, family still farm in the area.

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 March 06 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Checked with husband John this morning
He has all the details of Charles' days at Uni -
The Albert Memorial Middle Class College for Boys was Suffolks own memorial to Prince Albert, Consort of Queen Victoria. I can tell you more about that, generally known as 'Fram College' today  :)
You can access the College and other Fram information via Des' www.framlingham.com/
We are involved with FramArts week in the summer - we are conducting 'A Victorian Stroll Around Framlingham' - hope the weather will be kind to us!
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline LunaMizuki

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 February 20 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I am related to Charles Nesling, the vet in Framlingham, as my grandmother was his cousin. She was Agnes Janet Martin, born in 1905 in Chelmsford. It seems that all her family came from Suffolk. I live in Scotland and work in the University, and am keen to meet living relatives of my grandmother, as my mother lost touch with them. Names are:Motum, Martin and Brooks, and they have lived mainly in Hoo, Plomesgate. I have lovely photos of my grandmother who went to India, married William Livingston and gave birth to my mother in Madras. If you know any more cousins of Charles Nesling who are alive, please contact me so we can share photos and memories!
Many thanks.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 February 20 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, When you have made three posts to the web site, you will be able to exchange information via PM (personal message).

In the meantime, you may wish to see Charles about to go on his rounds, go to my husband's website www.framlinghamarchive.org.uk

The family house is empty and back on the market again.

SM

I have to find two more!

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 February 20 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Had I seen this thread in 2006, I'd have posted the attached Nesling family tree, which I compiled in 1978. Although incomplete, it may help other researchers to locate more of the vet's cousins.

My own connection is very remote, through his aunt Emma, née Chandler (1840-1905), whose mother was Matilda, née Smyth (1811-1887). Their portraits are probably in the Smyth family's photo-albums but they are not named, so I'll be glad to know if anyone can identify them from these images.

David

Offline LunaMizuki

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 16 February 20 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Suffolk Mawther and Gobbit!

It is great to see the photo of Charles Nesling setting off in his trap. His mother was sister to my grandmother, and my grandmother and his daughter Nancy were born around the same time, 1905/6. I wonder if they every played together?

I could not see the Nestling family tree - the part of it I know comes through Susannah Nestling, nee Brook, who was a governess. She and my grandmother grew up in Hoo Hall. The family farmed also at Srubbery Farm, Framingham, and Lime Tree Farm in Blythe.  I do have their family tree - as I get to understand how the site works I hope I can upload it.

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 16 February 20 18:20 GMT (UK) »
My tree can be downloaded by clicking on the file name just above the first photo, or here: NESLING of Suffolk.pdf.

One of the more obscure sources listed there (number 12, on page 7) is Charles Crickmay Nesling's birthday book, from which his daughter Nancy Bowen kindly allowed me to note the Nesling entries.

David

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 00:12 GMT (UK) »
The family house for sale in College Road Framlingham.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68012865.html

SM
I have to find two more!