Author Topic: Douglas Death James Pawley  (Read 1939 times)

Offline thomasg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Douglas Death James Pawley
« on: Sunday 12 March 06 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am hoping that someone can  help me get around a dead end in my research.  I have records of a James Pawley from England who possibly was a Coastguard who went to Douglas with his wife Maria Crowsley in about 1859 and 1860.  They had a daughter Harriate Maria born in Margate, Kent, England and a Son James Pawley born in Douglas on 29th June 1860 and chistened at Saint Thomas's  in Douglas on 5th August 1860.  We understand that James Pawley senior died whilst in Douglas between conception of James Pawley junior and the 1861 English Census.  This has lead us to believe that James died in Douglas.  We have not been able to find any other information about the family relating to James's death nor family prior to this.

We would be grateful if someone could locate records of his death and any other information.

Many thanks in advance.

Gareth.
Thomas, Bullock, Wade, Burtsal, Carey, Childs, Curtis, Cuss, Davies, Dyer, Fisher, Fruin, Hadland, Hodges, Jelf, Lane, Lifely, Loifield, Lovesy, Morgans, Parker, Pewtress, Sewell, Scrivens, Seymour, Shead, Shefer, Sprecher, Thompson, Treagle

Offline rcorris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Death James Pawley
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 23:55 GMT (UK) »
From Brian Lawson's burial index (www.lawsons.ca):

PAWLEY, James  37  Bra  14 Jun 1860 

So that's James Pawley, aged 37, buried in Braddan (near Douglas) on 14 Jun 1860.

He is the only Pawley in the index.  His will is not listed in the wills index for the IOM.

Regards,
Ruth
Bouncing emails

England: Green, Povey, Bedford, Bridgland, Catlin, Patton
Scotland: Fraser, Kennedy, Kelly, Hean, Higgins
Isle of Man: Corris, Faragher, Corkill, Shimmin