Author Topic: STOCKING PELHAM Parish Registers - BRAHAM/BRAME  (Read 664 times)

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
STOCKING PELHAM Parish Registers - BRAHAM/BRAME
« on: Tuesday 14 March 06 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello - I am from "Down Under" (Oz) and am hoping someone in the Hertfordshire area may be willing and able to find a little bit of information for me.......

MARRIAGE FOR: BRAHAM, William and wife (name not known) pre 1827

BIRTHS/BAPTISMS: Possible children prior to 1827 when I believe the wife died as there is a MARRIAGE for him as a widower to Sarah KNIGHT in Berden, Essex. 

DEATH: BRAHAM, wife prior to 1827

BIRTHS/BAPTISMS: Possible children to William and Sarah 1820/27

Further details to help in the search follow -

I have been told of a family line - KNIGHT, William and wife Ann nee RAND. William married Anne RAND on 15 Aug 1799.

This family is from Berden, Essex.

Amongst their children was Sarah KNIGHT b. 1810, Berden, Essex.

She married William BRAHAM, From:Stocking Pelham, Date:26 Oct 1827, Notes: Banns He Is Widower

NOTE: he was a widower.

A very helpful lady from the Essex area has found no children for William and Sarah, and has suggested that I check inyour area as William was from Stocking Pelham, Hertfordshire.

Therefore what I would love to find is -
a) details on any marriage for William BRAHAM prior to his marriage to Sarah KNIGHT in 1827 in Essex.
b) details of any children born to William and first wife (name not known) prior to 1827.
c) details of a death for William's first wife (prior to 1827)
d) details of any children born to William and Sarah.

If this Sarah is actually the Sarah in my family line, then she and William are said to have had daughters Sarah and Rebecca, born approx. 1820 - 1825.

I have always thought our Sarah would have been too young to fit in with being the mother of Sarah and Rebecca, and maybe if someone can find these (or any) births, my questions may be answered.........

Looking forward hopefully to someone having the time and being willing to do this look-up for me.

Barbara in Australia
Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: STOCKING PELHAM Parish Registers - BRAHAM/BRAME
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

I searched the Stocking Pelham parish records for the period mentioned in your posting but there is no reference to the name Braham or variants thereof.

Regards   ...   Peter
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mead researcher

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: STOCKING PELHAM Parish Registers - BRAHAM/BRAME
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter
Thank you for doing that look-up.
Not the answer I was hoping for, but at least I now know to stop looking in that area.
Much appreciated
Barbara
Researching:
BEST, BRAME, KNIGHT, LEWIS, McSHEEHY, O'NEIL, SCHUETZE & WILKE

http://www.kirchneryoungtreeoflife.bndon.com
Researching:
BAGGALEY, BARTHOLOMEW, BOYD, CLIFTON, GALLAGHER, GEERTZ, HARBER, HARBOUR, KIRCHNER, McDONALD, MEAD, PETER, TAYLOR, YOUNG