Author Topic: Too Quick For Me!  (Read 3843 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Too Quick For Me!
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 March 06 08:03 GMT (UK) »
That's clever Gardener I shall have to try that!

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 March 06 08:31 GMT (UK) »
My reason for not being more helpful is that I spend as much time correcting my fumble fingered (2)mail's as getting on with the job,plus my er, memory is it, keep's losing the way!!!
            Goggy. ;) ;D

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 16 March 06 12:00 GMT (UK) »
I never knew that Gardener, am off to check it out.

Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 16 March 06 12:20 GMT (UK) »

Aha  I thought - this needs a reply and I know where to find the answer, by the time I'd got the darn thing organised there were EIGHT replies to the post.   I'm just not quick enough .  . ..    One of these days . . . . Maybe    ;)

Barbara          8)
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 16 March 06 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Jill, I think it happens to most of us.  The number of times I've ploughed through an 1841 (which are the worst census ever to read) spent hours, and I literally mean hours, looking, find the people, think YES!! go back to the board and someone has beaten me to it. 

Never mind, I usually enjoy the hunt, and am chuffed to find the people as some of the pages are unreadable.

I didn't know that either Gardener  ???  That's another thing on RC, you learn something new every single day.  :D

Love
Su xxx
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 16 March 06 12:40 GMT (UK) »
if you click on the "replies" at the head of the column on a county page then the postings rearrange themselves with unanswered ones at the top (oldest first so scroll down a bit for the most recent ones). Click again and it goes back the way it was. Cunning eh?

I've tried that.  Good idea when looking for posts that haven't be answered BUT when I click on the "replies" button it then rearranges them is descending order of number of posts.
How do I get it back to showing most recent posts at the top?
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 16 March 06 12:41 GMT (UK) »
'Tis OK now  ;)
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 16 March 06 13:05 GMT (UK) »
It can be frustrating when you spend time looking for someone only to find that someone had beaten you to it but just like Su, I enjoy the hunt anyway.

Isn't it wonderful, though, that we are all falling over each other to be the first to help someone out.  :D

Love Rootschat

What was genealogy before Rootschat?

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Nessie

• I am sorry my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 16 March 06 16:41 GMT (UK) »
It would be the easy way out to not bother because someone could have beaten you to the reply :) But if we all thought that way, there would be no help given, so like everyone else, I will keep plodding on even if someone else gets there first. :) :) :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk