Author Topic: Tameside Library on the move!  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Tameside Library on the move!
« on: Monday 04 October 04 23:12 BST (UK) »
Recently I have had enomous help from Tameside Library, Lancashire. They went way above and beyond the call of duty in finding information on my grandfather's beer houses.

I received an email today confirming that an inquest report was on the way plus photographs and other info.

Also to say that the library is closing very shortly in preparation for a move. They will be offline until March.

Anyone needing info will need to get in quickly. I can thoroughly recommend them - they are wonderful!

Darcy

Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Tameside Library on the move!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 22:10 BST (UK) »

Tameside library are moving from Stalybridge to Ashton-Under-Lyne, (just behind the library on Old Street)

As Darcy has said they have been very helpfull to me too so lets hope that they don't loose anything in the move  ;D

Sarah
Robinson, Roberts, Roles, Griffiths, Walton, Royle, Chorlton,
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.