Author Topic: 1841 lookup for Tuffnell  (Read 696 times)

Offline alann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 lookup for Tuffnell
« on: Wednesday 15 March 06 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I would appreciate some help locating a William Tuffnell c1808 Labourer and his wife Maria c1799 Washerwoman and their children Elizabeth 1837,James 1840, also would like to know when they married and if possible what was Maria name prior to marriage I believe they moved to Macclesfield sometime prior to 1851 I'm unsure if they were still alive in 1861/1871 or if they had more children. It is possible that Tuffnell could be slightly misspelt.
Any information would be appreciated and I thank you in advance

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 lookup for Tuffnell
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 March 06 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan

Not been able to find much as far as census goes, but did find a marriage dated 28/Dec/ 1835 at St Winifred Davenham Cheshire William Tufnell/Maria Wilding.

Also there is a marriage at St Peters Prestbury ( Macclesfield ) 1865 for Elizabeth Tufnell/Thomas Hall.

Cant be certain if these are yours or not, you may need to order a marriage certificate for Elizabeth in order to confirm fathers name and her age, address etc

hope this is some help

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs