Author Topic: Thomas Wayman married Elizabeth  (Read 2624 times)

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Thomas Wayman married Elizabeth
« on: Thursday 16 March 06 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Wayman (b.1806 and c.4 Oct 1812 in Willingham) married Elizabeth in about 1828 or 1829 before the birth of their first child Mary in January 1830 in Willingham. Can some kind person tell me who Elizabeth was?

Thank you,
Simon

Offline Kaysy

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Wayman married Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 March 06 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have been checking on the Parish records of Willingham for a marriage of Thomas Wayman & Elizabeth ???? Could find no marriage. Found the baptism of Mary 17.01.1830. In 1831 they baptised their daughter Jane on the 18.12.1831 with a John & Mary Wayman, baptising their son William (who was born 29.07.1826), and their other daughter Ann, (2 years of age) and also a son John. So I checked some way before 1828-1829, still no marriage for them. I then checked the 1841 census to see what William and Mary's ages were, they  were both aged 35, possibly rounded up to the nearest 5 years. Then I checked on the 1851 census, to find that Thomas was aged 45 and Elizabeth 47 (Born Swavesey) As I have Swavesey's parish records on microfiche I checked on the baptisms there only to find for some reason there are no baptisms after 1755, but I found what you asked for. At Swavesey November 3rd 1828 Thomas x Wayman OTP, bac, By Banns to Elizabeth Trunley X OTP, spin. Witnesses Charles x Trunley & Anna x Few.
Elizabeth was baptised Swavesey 11.09.1803 daughter of William & Sarah Trundley Born 20.08.1803.
Kind Regards
Kaysy.
Buckinghamshire. Gt Marlow. Harris, Rockall/ell, Rackstraw, Frith, Howard, Martin. Bedfordshire. Clophill, Flitton with Silsoe. White, Parslow, Denton, Woodcraft, Waple. Hampshire. Huish. Surrey Kingston on Thames, Parslow. Cambridgeshire. Over, Willingham. Ginn, Hayden.

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Wayman married Elizabeth
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 March 06 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Magnificent research! Thanks a million.