Author Topic: 1841 Lancashire look up please - Blackburn?  (Read 2155 times)

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1841 Lancashire look up please - Blackburn?
« on: Thursday 16 March 06 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Could someone try to kindly locate Joseph Fish on the 1841 census (probaby Blackburn). He was baptised on 21 Mar 1839 at St Mary's in Blackburn to James and Lettice Fish (nee Hayhurst). I have asked for a James and Lettice Fish look up previously and unfortunately they weren't to be found but I have since discovered this child and wondered if he may help in finding the family? James and Lettice were married at Manchester Cathedral on 18 June 1838. I would be grateful for any help with this as I seem to have hit a major dead end if I can't get further back in the Fish or Hayhurst lines  :(

James Fish's father was called Richard Fish and was a weaver - I found a possible for him in 1851 aged 62 married to a Mary Fish with a daughter Mary and grandson Edmund living in Over Darwen although I have no prove of a connection.

Lettice's father was called John Hayhurst and he was a grocer but I have been unable to locate a suitable match in 1851 - is there anything more obvious in 1841 or is needle in haystack time? (pardon the 'hay' pun  ::))

I know that both James and Lettice died sometime between 1848 and 1851 because they had a child called Lettice in Jun 1848 but the children were all 'seemingly' orphans by 1851 lodging with a Kenyon family at Ainsworth St in Blackburn.

Any help gratefully received!  ;)

Sharon 
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Lancashire look up please - Blackburn?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 March 06 09:28 GMT (UK) »
On the Free BMD there is a death in the March qtr 1849 for a James and for the same year Sept qtr for a Lettice both Blackburn

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 March 06 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dotty - just spotted those this morning! So they should definitely be on the 1841, its just finding them  ::)

Sharon
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline mcnulty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 March 06 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Follow this link to details of Richard Fish b.1842 and family.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,116398.msg511363.html#msg511363

Ian
McNulty, Cassidy, Entwistle, Robinson, Johnson, Caunce, Crawford, Lindsay, Webster, Anderton

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 March 06 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that - yes I already have these census returns but thanks for posting them. It seems we may be linked in a roundabout way then!

Sharon

Offline wendyholliday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 June 07 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon
I have a massive tree on the Fish family around Blackburn/ Darwen that someone sent me. If you'd like a copy please let me have your address and I will post to you. ;)

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 June 07 21:58 BST (UK) »
oooh that sounds interesting :-) I will send you my address by personal message so as not to stick it directly on the web if that's okay?

Do you know if any of the names I've mentioned appear on the tree? And how did you come about a Fish tree, are you related to them, just wondering why someone would send you one otherwise?

cheers!

Sharon

Offline wendyholliday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 June 07 22:03 BST (UK) »
I was researching my Aunts tree for her. She has Fish and Shepherds from the Eccleshill area of Blackburn/Darwen area. The tree has loads of people on and as I said someone posted it to me. It might take me a while to locate it, but in the meantime I have the immediate ones linked to my tree.. Does Shepard Shepard and Fish Fish (strange names) mean anything to you?

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 June 07 22:06 BST (UK) »
No I can't say they do! I'm not sure which area of Blackburn my Fish are from exactly. You have just thrown me somewhat as I noticed I posted this message in March 2006  :D