Author Topic: St Martins Shropshire  (Read 5977 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Martins Shropshire
« on: Thursday 16 March 06 23:05 GMT (UK) »
trying to find parents of sarah williams 1817 st martins...is this registered at ellesmere or oswestry???/regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: st martins shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 March 06 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Allan  it will be in the St martins parish records as a baptism. The birth records didn't begin until 1837.
Unfortunately, i only have the records up to 1812 but i think the LDS has them and they might be on the IGI - www.familysearch.org

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 March 06 12:54 GMT (UK) »
many thanks gadget...regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 June 06 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan

I went to the Shropshire Archives today and found the following in St Martin's baptisms:

27th August 1815:  Sarah, daughter of Edward and Mary Williams.
Abode: Glyn Morlay

or, another possibility

17th November 1817: Sarah, daughter of Robert and Mary Williams.
Abode: New Marton, P of Ellesmere

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 June 06 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan and Alan

If it was definitely St Martins it is most likely to be the Glyn Morlas one. This is a small township to the north west of St Martins village proper and takes in the houses along the Morlas river. It is in St Martins parish

New Marton is further away but, if her motehr came from there it is possible.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 August 06 11:49 BST (UK) »
hi gadget.....regarding st martins...i think i was wrong regarding sarah williams birthplace and parents...i now think it was robert and mary williams who were sarahs parents...i have since found more relatives who were born in new marton...could you tell me whether new marton is near marton middle or marton myddle by astley...most of my relations came from astley...i recently visited astley and middle was only about 5 miles away...kind regards...allan

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 August 06 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Allan

The St Martins near Oswestry is a distance from Astley and I'm not as familiar with that side of the county. Jan would have more knowledge.

I went into multimap -  www.multimap.com

and got these two maps for you to work from:

St Martins, near Oswestry

http://tinyurl.com/hmyh4

Astley

http://tinyurl.com/kbv9m

Hope they help.

Gadget

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 August 06 12:19 BST (UK) »
many thanks gadget...allan

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: St Martins Shropshire
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 13:31 BST (UK) »

New Marton is between Ellesmere and St Martin's.

Ellesmere is about 6 miles from St Martin's.
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand