Author Topic: Bertram Charles Lawrence  (Read 1114 times)

Offline thedivinemrsjones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bertram Charles Lawrence
« on: Friday 17 March 06 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi there everyone,

My family have several missing links, one of whom is an uncle, Bertram Charles Lawrence, Uncle Bert.

I have looked on Ancestry and found a record for a Bertram Charles Lawrence dying in Luton in 1993, aged about 86 years of age, this could be him, but I do need to confirm this.  Uncle Bert was my late fathers youngest brother and I have not seen him since my fathers funeral in 1970.  I gather from other family members that he had at least 2 children, a boy and a girl, and we think that they were called Arthur and Romane (or Romain)  not too sure about the spelling.

Uncle Bert was born November 1910 in Chester, Cheshire.  According to Ancestry, the Bertram Charles that I uncovered was born November 1907, but as we all find out whilst researching our family history, exaggerations about age are not unknown.

If some kind soul could assist, I would be very grateful.  I did wonder if there might have been an obituary in a local Luton newspaper that might give details of Uncle Bert's family.

Thank you in anticipation

Regards

The Divine Mrs J

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bertram Charles Lawrence
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 March 06 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mrs Jones

Have you tried Genes Reunited ?
There are 2 contacts, Richard & Denise, that have a Bertram Charles Lawrence b 1911 Chester in their trees.

Unless one of them is you ???

cheers John

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline thedivinemrsjones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 March 06 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Yes, I am the Denise that submitted the GenesReunited request for Bertram Charles Lawrence, and Richard is my cousin....we are both researching the Lawrence clan.

Thank you very much for your response anyway, it was very kind of you to go to all that trouble.

Regards

The Divine Mrs J

Offline cathymcc

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 March 06 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mrs J

I think you will need to get clever to run your Uncle Bert to earth...

First, put in a message at the 'Missing You' site which is free ...and perhaps someone may see it who has knowledge of the family.

Secondly, do get write a letter to the local paper [I found a War comrade of my Dad's after 60 years through a local paper] & if you have a photo of Uncle Bert, so much the better.

Address: 39 Upper George Street, Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 2RD
Tel: 01582 700600
Fax: 01582 700610

cathy
Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

Herfordshire and West London: Brown [Kent in early 19th C]; Blackwell.
McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]