Author Topic: Family Likenesses  (Read 12579 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Re: Family Likenesses
« Reply #117 on: Saturday 01 April 06 11:44 BST (UK) »
Definitely there Veron

It's the mannerisms I try to look for rather than looks. They are the most fun to spot.

As I have got older they some to be strongerand so do the looks.

Mind you if there was one person I would really want to be like it would be Great Aunty Mary - she looked after me while Mum and Dad were at work until I was 4. Then when we moved to York she threatened to go to the Social Services and report my parents for being bad parents - They weren't but she just didn't want them to take me away from her. Whenever we went to Wales for a holiday I would stay with her and Great Uncle Owen while my parents and then my brother and sister stayed with my Gran. I was devastated when she died when I was 12 and Uncle Owen when I was 13. I still miss them so much even 30+ years on. Memories eh?

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Headbanger Veron

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 4 generations 1943
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:02 BST (UK) »
It's the mannerisms I try to look for rather than looks. They are the most fun to spot.

As I have got older they some to be strongerand so do the looks.

Carol

Definitely! - one thing I always think of, is when I was first married, whenever I went to a pub with my husband, he would finish his pint, and then look at me to make sure I was watching, toss his empty glass up in the air and then catch it again with the same hand - grinning wickedly all the time.

Over 25 years later, we had divorced (amicably!) and I was out with my son, who has lived with me ever since the split and spent a lot less time with his dad than with me. And he did exactly the same thing........ I couldn't believe it!! It was the wicked grin which really spooked me as well as just the action itself - and he doesn't normally look much like his dad at all, everyone says he's just like me!

Veron  ;D
All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Currently researching:
ABRAHAMS (Essex/Woolwich), CARPENTER (Kent)
CLEMENTS (London), CRADDOCK (Sheerness)
HORTON (Birmingham)
MUNCASTER (Whitehaven then Manchester, Scotland, Suffolk and Canada!)
TANCOCK (Devon/Cornwall),
WILSON (Edinburgh)
among others.....

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:13 BST (UK) »
Its like deja vu isn't it?  Too spooky to cope with sometimes lol

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Saturday 01 April 06 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all!
THAT WAS ABSOLUTLY MARVELLOUS!
Really enjoyed it all,and some of the pic's do look like re-incarnations.
Recently saw some' back from u.k'. snap's,mistook my youngest Brother for my Dad,long dead,it was really a shock,then was told I was also the 'spit' of him.Strange thing though,looked like Mum earlier in life.!!
WIERD,WEIRD.
                      Goggy. ;) ;D