Author Topic: Completed - British library, London  (Read 4049 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: British library, London
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 May 06 20:37 BST (UK) »
Yes if you cantact them and explain what you want/who you are looking for, they'll give you the correct e mail/ phone number and name of person to contact.

I hope you get what you are looking for  ;)
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline ballgarside

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 May 06 20:02 BST (UK) »
This line of research has proved very productive.  The library have photographs and obituary of one of my ancestors and only a small fee to obtain copies.  Thanks a lot for suggesting this.  It hadn't occured to me before and I kept thinking the British library was the only route to take.  Actually that has proved to be a bit of a dead end but the local library route has proved to be the answer.  I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about their ancestors.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 May 06 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Ballgarside

Thankyou for letting everybody know.  It's always nice to hear of a success story and, like you say, gives much encouragement to others who are looking for similar items ;D

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 May 06 13:02 BST (UK) »
That is brilliant, I am so pleased for you.
I have found the local library to be very helpful and so much cheaper.

The library in Dumbarton, for a fee of £20 sent me census, baptisms, marriage, work info and drew up two trees for me on my Munn line, my McAulay line was free because they never found as much, but it was enough for me, and a good start. Gold dust to us genealogists.

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton