Author Topic: Toghill  (Read 3928 times)

Offline franeilly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Toghill
« on: Tuesday 05 October 04 23:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the name of Toghill.
My great Grandparents were from Gloucestershire & I wondered if anyone could help.
Thanks

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Toghill
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 07:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
I will gladly take a look  for you, there are quite a lot of Toghills listed, can you provide some more details, first names, rough ages, any marriage details, an area? Let me know and I will get back to you with anything I can find.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline dodson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Toghill
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 November 04 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello my name is Jane Dodson and I live in South Leicestershire I have been looking into my Grandmothers family "The Toghills for some years...briefly the place Toghill just above Bath which then came under Sth Glos was the origination of this family and even today there are Toghills residing there in the house which has been in the family for over 200 years, today we can trace back our relatives to a Moses Toghill who lived in that vey house. All the Toghills I have met are linked to that area,

What is the earliest ancestor you have traced ?

Regards

Jane