Author Topic: Daniels Pub/Bar  (Read 1421 times)

Offline mobile107

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Daniels Pub/Bar
« on: Monday 20 March 06 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of a pub called Daniels Pub or Bar it was located in either Tipperary or Clonmel.  If so can you tell me if they are still there and what their address is.  Some of my family visited Ireland a few years back and remember seeing the pub.  But do not remember where it was they said it was either in Tipperary or Clonmel.  There was a butcher shop across the street from the bar.  I hope someone out there will be able to help me.
Thanks 
Mobile 107 :-\

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Daniels Pub/Bar
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 August 07 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hiya Mobile 107,

As I don't live near Clonmel or Tipperary I'm unable to answer your query but I've done the next best thing and found some members on another website. Their profiles state that they live in Clonmel. I've posted the query to a few of them. If I receive no reply I'll ask one or two others.

I've already received two replies ...

"The only one that I know of with a name like that is in Rosegreen and its called Dansies ? Rosegreen is between Cashel and Clonmel ! Hope that helps !"

Theres definitely a pub in Tipp with a butchers straight across the street - Its not Daniels or Dansies though - think its called the porter house - theres another one a little bit up the street which could be the one - dont know the name but an interesting character owns it -

That Porter House could have been the one ... possibly a refurbishment and a name change. Would there be a chance that your family members who saw the pub have a photograph of either the pub or the town in which it was located? That might make it easier to assist.

I have another reply "not in clonmel. cannt say about tipp as i'm not a local." 

Chris