Author Topic: Comber - Thompson families  (Read 15207 times)

Offline battling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Comber - Thompson families
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 August 23 23:07 BST (UK) »
I have just come across this chat and am interested because I am researching a DNA match I have with a descendent from Hugh & Agnes / Ann.  I would be interested to know if anyone has been able to take this any further especially with the new information continually becoming available. 

It is a bit of a clutching at straws scenario but I have a brickwall where my great grandmother, Victoria Thompson, recorded upon her marriage that her father was John Thompson, a master mariner, and census records state that she was born "across the Red Sea" - family stories say that her father died at sea and the family where stranded there.  I have no accurate dates but estimate that Victoria was born between 1854 and 1860 with 1859 being the most likely and that her father John died before 1876 when she married (possibly some years before that date) and I guesstimate his birth as being around 1820.  Victoria married in Bishop Middleham, Co Durham and died at Shotton Colliery, Co Durham.

As already stated a very long shot but could there be a connection here?
Many thanks in advance for any comments - negative or positive.

Bob
Butler - Notts, Durham, Northumberland. Shufflebotham/Shufflebottom - Notts, Staffs. Neasham/Neesome/Nesham/Nesome - N Yorks, Durham. Miller/Millar - N Yorks, Durham.  Thurlow - N Yorks, Durham.  Sherwin - Staffs.  Wallace - Durham.  Jones - Staffs.   Mear - Staffs.  Perrin - Staffs.  Pugh - Staffs.