Author Topic: Help needed! Stewart/Reid/Whyte  (Read 25244 times)

Offline kelbie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed! Stewart/Reid/Whyte
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 12 February 11 14:11 GMT (UK) »
I sent you information on your family and it was removed by roots web team.
Much of the information was important.
Alec Stewart or Alexander Stewart my uncle  died in Inverness in 1974 he had brother's named as Andrew Higgins Stewart. James and my mother Elizabeth Stewart who is your auntie' Alec met my auntie  Isabella in the 1956 period after my Grand Father died Hector Robertson Kelbie  in march 1950.
There was other members not mentioned in my message. They came from Elgin Aberdeenshire.

The death of your Grand Father was recorded by Inverness police. And my auntie Isabella past way in 2007 when i had instructed a full police investigation into  my father's death at Croy Inverness Alexander Kelbie my father died  on 12 August  1966 aged 33 years old. My side of the family came from Perth and Fife area. You have also relations in Bath England. I hope that  helps you.
You are  welcome to contact me.

Offline kez_s

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 February 11 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, yes I am aware of the more recent history but am currently researching further back with my tree and am looking at information from the early 1900's backwards and both of my great grandmothers lines!
Stewart- Scotland
Ayres - Wiltshire
Southard - Wiltshire, Somerset & Wales
Duggan- Ireland, London & Lincolnshire
Kelbie - Scotland
Collins - London
Minnett - Wales & Somerset
Parsons - Somerset & Lincolnshire
Woodward - Somerset
Strong - Wiltshire
Wheeler - Hampshire & Somerset
Whyte - Scotland
Densem - Somerset
Baker - Somerset
Kettle - Lincolnshire
Simmons - Lincolnshire
Ruddick - Somerset & Wales

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 22:07 GMT (UK) »
My only hope seems to be is if someone else is connected to them!

Have you tried Alford Family History near Aberdeen and surrounding areas.
Mary Craig married George Hall and one of their daughters married  a Reid, but off the top of my head, I cannot remember his name, but can  check if required.

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Megan26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 22:59 GMT (UK) »
HI, I noticed you trying to trace the stewart family, i dont know if what i know is anything to do with your family. My great-grandparents were called James and Elsie Stewart, they were travellers, They had a a daughter called helen another daughter which i dont know her name and also a son called Andrew Stewart and half son James Reid. I am unsure if they had any other children as i dont know any imformation of the stewarts from my family. What I do know is that in 1970 (*) and (*) were living in a kent in Keith but in 1966 they were living in Tombeg Monymusk. I dont know if there is a connection with both of the stewarts we are looking for, I look forward to hearing from you as I am also looking for a needle in a hair stack. Thanks Megan

(*) Moderator's Note: details of possibly living people removed

Offline Craig Stewart

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • loves life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 November 13 21:34 GMT (UK) »
hello my dads name was charles reid stewart and was born 8/10 /1930 his mother was martha ann stewart and his dad was william stewart they were traveller family my dad was born in regent quay,aberdeen my nan and grand dad were married in 1927 in inverness he had lots of brothers and sisters my nans maiden name was bishop she was not from a traverling back ground

Offline madgewhyte

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 December 13 22:06 GMT (UK) »
I have been reading this thread and see that some of the Stewarts mentioned are related to my folk. Big ma hungry was my granny relation and I am sure I can help with some info there. I am also searching for Reid's and Whytes. I have traced most of my mothers side the Stewarts. My father was Andrew Whyte born in Aberdeen 1920 - 1992  his Father was Alexander(Sandy)Whyte married Elizabeth (Betsy)Reid 1885 - 1957 they married at Alyth around 1914, they had several children before then,they travelled around Perthshire Scotland. Betsy's father is the person I am searching for. His name was Robert Reid and was referred to as big Rob Reid, the Whytes were all small folk. I do not have exact dates for him but know he was dead when his daughter got married in 1914. His wife was Margaret Whyte and she died young her mother was a Mckenzie. Cambeltown was mentioned.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 December 13 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat. :)
Heve you managed to find Rob Reid in any of the censuses? As his wife died young, was Betsy brought up by her dad or other family members? It would be interesting to find Betsy in the 1891 & 1901 censuses. Do you know where she was born? If Betsy had siblings then you may be able to pinpoint Rob's date of death by viewing any of their marriage certificates (if they married before Betsy did). Hope this helps,
flst.
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 December 13 12:18 GMT (UK) »
don't know if this helps but I have a john reid in my family tree
do you want any info on him just in case its helpful. send a pm with email address if you can and I can invite you to my ancestry tree.
all the best
Marcie
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 December 13 12:26 GMT (UK) »
try also Genes Reunited as there is a susan reid on there who may be related and could help you its free to join I believe though I have not been on there in years. but used to correspond with her and micheal Sandilands and others.
marcie
 searl rogers sutherland