Author Topic: 1891 census for Liverpool  (Read 1328 times)

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1891 census for Liverpool
« on: Wednesday 06 October 04 14:02 BST (UK) »
Recently at Liverpool Record office, a gentleman was having trouble locating Great Howard Street in Liverpool, on certain censuses, it seemed strange as it was and still is a main road near to the docks. I tried to help him out, but couldn't find any details, we asked the staff, they couldn't help either.
We checked to see if the street name had been changed but couldn't find any record of that
I have recently been asked to do some census indexing for 1891 and I got the area of Howard Street, this seems to be Great Howard Street, but has been written down wrongly, so if anyone is checking the census around this area, check under Howard Street, might save you a lot of problems.
Viv
 ::)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census for Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 14:35 BST (UK) »
Viv,

Thanks for that tip.  I will leave it in the common room for a few days,  and move it into Lancs. when it falls off the front page,  to ensure it is seen by those most in need.  ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.