Author Topic: stillborns  (Read 14855 times)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: stillborns
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 27 January 08 10:05 GMT (UK) »

There will be a certificate for it and a sibling can get the certificate.

Not unless the parents are dead.  I have already tried to get a cert for my full term stillborn sister, but as my parents are alive it's not possible :(

unless of course the parents apply
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 28 January 08 21:32 GMT (UK) »
unless of course the parents apply

That's where my problem is............my parents do not mention their stillborn daughter, in fact I was only told about her when I was 20.  I'm 40 now and she has never been mentioned since.

I can't ask to see any of their paperwork - I dare not :'( Sad really :'(
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 12 June 08 17:11 BST (UK) »
Just thought that I would add something on here that may help other researchers with stillborns. I know it is a touchy subject with older parents. I have also had a stillbirth, so I know what it is like talking about it. Anyway, my mum had lost stillborn twins in 1962, they were taken away from her and she did not know where they were buried. Here is what I did. I telephoned the New Womens Hospital here in Liverpool as the old Liverpool maternity closed. They were very helpfull. As they didn't know what really happened back then, they told me to phone a local undertakers and asked where stillborns would of been buried at that time. After having no luck with them, I telephoned Liverpool City Council and they did a search. They informed me that they where buried in Toxteth Cemetery and gave me the plot number. Sadly, my mum had passed away by this time, so wasn't here when I went to pay my respects. The procedure was that if the hospital buried the infant, they went into a paupers grave, so another eleven babies are in the same plot. Very sad, but I get comfort knowing that they are not alone. Lynn
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth

Offline Our Kid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 12 June 08 18:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you for sharing that.  It is possible to find these babies. You can apply for their 'birth certificate' as you will be their next of kin.
Best wishes,
Pauline

Offline Black Night

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Wife's Cat Guinness
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 12 September 08 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi every one, just a quick note to say:   Keep trying... In my earlier Thread I mentioned my stillborn brother, I now have his birth? Stillborn cert, and found out where he is buried, I have visited the plot at Chingford Mount Cemetery in North London.  My quest is now over, Apart from the fact that his plot is an overgrown mess, Sadly at this moment in time I'm unable to do anything, but with a little help from the family I'm hoping, maybe, to have some little plaque laid there for him. So everybody don't give up hope. Black Night.