Author Topic: 1861 liverpool index  (Read 2057 times)

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1861 liverpool index
« on: Wednesday 06 October 04 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for the following in Liverpool for the 1861 census, 

Robert Williams (father, age and birthplace unknown)

Harriett Williams age approx 37,  born Parkgate Cheshire (?daughter of Robert, never married)

Maria Williams age between 14 and 22,  born Sutton Cheshire (daughter of Robert)

Sarah Jub (or Job) approx 21 born liverpool (never married) appears with Harriett and Maria's daughter on subsequent censuses (listed as aunt to Maria's daughter).

They may or may not be together

I am following Maria, who has been very difficult to track down.  She moved from Cheshire to Liverpool where she later married.  Her birth year seems to change from census to census.  Her Husband to be is aged 13 on the 1861 census, so I think she may be at the younger end of that range.  Her sister Harriett is with her on the next census so may be with her here.  If not I would appreciate a search for Harriett seperately, in case that gives me any more clues.  I only have the father's name from Maria's marriage certificate, so no other details.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 liverpool index
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 October 04 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

I've looked on the 1861 Census index that i have and can't find your Williams. It is only a partial index tho so they still might be on there somewhere.

See http://www.rootschat.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8733.0
For the coverage of this index.
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline sjsbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 liverpool index
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 October 04 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for looking.  I know Sarah was in Wavertree in the 1871 onwards.  But I was hoping to find the Williams in the West Derby, Toxteth Park, Everton, areas.

I will keep hunting!

Sue
SCOTLAND: Scotland, Morrison, Bonnella, Third,
LINCOLNSHIRE: Bell, King, Emerson, Leesing, Canty, Cutting, Fox,
GLOUCESTERSHIRE: Antill, Onslow, Crook, Jenkins,
LANCASHIRE: Hall, Mayson, Dearden,
WILTSHIRE: Sloper, King, Willis, Stockwell,
ESSEX: Stone, Webb, Smith, Hawkins, Frye,
SOMERSET: Harrison, Jones,