Author Topic: WARGENT surname...need help  (Read 15220 times)

Offline janetteawatkins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WARGENT surname...need help
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 September 08 19:33 BST (UK) »
Jill, I didn't mean to paint a bad picture of the family, but I now know that dispite what my granddad went through, he was a member of that family. He was the most loving and kindest man you could ever wish to meet. My family all lived in the same house so I lived with him until he died, but he could never forgive his mum. He did get to know his brothers and sisters (some of them born after him in London) and some wonderful relationships developed in that area. I think when he turned up on her doorstep she was riddled with guilt, seeing as in those days and even now Hereford wasn't/isn't a bus ride away, the lack of contact couldn't have helped either. Everything you said about the family was exactly how my family brought my brother, sister and me up. My Granddad had a saying. "Manners cost you nothing, but show people a lot." My children and now my grandson were/are being brought up the same way.

Jill all I need to pass this tree over is your e-mail but we can't put it on this site. If you go on ancestry and look for Barber Family Tree, find my e-mail and send me yours I will allow you access and you can take all the info you want. You should be able to tell which people I have confirmed and which are still waiting for confirmation. I don't add people unless I am pretty sure they are the right people.
Jan

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 September 08 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hiya Jan & Jill

Glad you have hooked up

You can send a private message on this site with your e-mail address. Just click on the little grey face under your name and avtar and send a PM to each other

Happy hunting!

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline janetteawatkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 September 08 22:49 BST (UK) »
Willow,
THANK YOU!!!!!
Jan

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 September 08 00:07 BST (UK) »
Your welcome

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jan & Jill

A lot of the Ledbury parish records have been transcribed on this site (you have to register but its free) http://www.forest-of-dean.net/

Nothing for William but they are transcribing all the time so might be useful in the future

Willow x

Offline janetteawatkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, Thank you so much for the info. May I ask you another question and hope you can answer it. Which villages/areas does/did Ledbury Parish cover? As my Hereford families came or moved all over Hereford ie Lugwardine, Yarkhill, Weston Beggard, Mordiford, Dormington, Ledbury, Fownhope with Fawley, The Rock (what or wherever that is.) These are the most common that I can remember.
I visited Hereford about 18 months ago, but it was a weekend and I got lost and confused so many times trying to find these places.
Thanks again Willow for your kindness. I look forward to seeing if you can help me again!!!
Best wishes
Janxx

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jan

I'm not sure but I think it is mainly just Ledbury.

Willow x

Offline crossl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 April 09 14:41 BST (UK) »
Willow, I had lost track of this site so apologize for starting a post and not replying. The John Wargent and Elizabeth Bowkett that you have in your tree are my wifes family. The John Wargent is my wifes GGGGrandfather. Still have not been able to go back further than the William Wargent who married Martha Saunders on Oct. 21, 1751.

Regards, Frank

Offline crossl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 April 09 14:43 BST (UK) »
Willow, I had lost track of this site so apologize for starting a post and not replying. The John Wargent and Elizabeth Bowkett that you have in your tree are my wifes family. The Jon Wargent is my wifes GGGGrandfather. Still have not been able to go back further than the William Wargent who married Martha Saunders on Oct. 21, 1751.

Regards, Frank