Author Topic: wilkinson  (Read 1367 times)

Offline STEVE 34

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
wilkinson
« on: Wednesday 22 March 06 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
 Any body have any info on a Jane Wilkinson.She was born jane evans and married William Wilkinson.She lived from 1901 in Margaret Street St Thomas. I am trying to find when she died with no luck.Any info on her would be great.
                                 Regards Steve
STEWART(PLYMOUTH)
CROWLEY ( WEXFORD IRELAND)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: wilkinson
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 April 06 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Do you have any dates for your Jane, - any approx date of birth/marriage/death?

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline STEVE 34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 April 06 18:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly
  My jane  was born Jane Evans in1838 in Barley Mews Court  High Street Swansea and married William Wilkinson in 1865 and they lived in Orchard Street Swansea.
                  Hope this is some help.
                                   Steve
STEWART(PLYMOUTH)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 April 06 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

I've found Birth & Marriage entries for your Jane Evans:

Birth, - GRO ref: Swansea, Vol 26, page 437, April/May/June Quarter.

Marriage, - GRO ref: Swansea, Vol 11a, Page 787, April/May/June Quarter.

If you order the certs from the GRO,  they will give you Occupations & addresses etc, so that you can search the Census entries.

Best Wishes, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 April 06 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Again Steve,

I've found them on the 1891 Census for Wales, living in the St Thomas's area of Swansea, Ref: RG12/4485.

William Wilkinson Snr, aged 49 yyrs is a Furnaceman. He was born in Oadley, Leicester, England. He's married to Jane, & their children are: Sarah Jane, William, John, Annie, George and Harriet.

Hope this helps.

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline STEVE 34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 April 06 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi romilly
 Thanks for the info. Sarah jane Wilkinson  is my great grand mother.  I can't find  when jane wilkinson died ,she is not on the grave with William Wilkinson her husband and i now that she lived in Margaret Street St Thomas in 1901.

Steve

STEWART(PLYMOUTH)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 April 06 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

There's a death entry for a Jane Wilkinson (on ancestry) in 1904 in Cardiff. Could she have been staying with one of her other children in Cardiff in 1904? (On the 1901 Census for Wales, she's a widow, living with son John, an Iron Ore Labourer).

Romilly.

Researching: