Author Topic: Holiday death look up please  (Read 5374 times)

Offline margaret elizabeth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday death look up please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 January 07 21:48 GMT (UK) »
hi george,
I went to the manx bmd office today and both myself and daughter looked at all records for 1932 and vernon was not not recorded and steve the guy that works there searched all death records all areas of the island from 1930 to 1935  there is nothing- jan at libary searched old papers and also mueum and there is no story or mention,, are you sure of name being vernon and how sure of you that it was isle of man ,, what is his date of birth and where was he born ,  if he died on the boat comming over then i dont know how it will say for death as he would not have reached here,, does he have rellies over here,, we think his wife wouldve taken his body back home can you tell me anything else,,,,,, margaret :-[

Offline mitmoor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 February 07 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi wendy
thanks for your effort, please let me have the marriage details you found in the times

George

Offline mitmoor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 February 07 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi margaret
thanks for the trouble you have gone to, first let me say this is my wife's family I am researching, the name is def vernon moores
born salford manchester in 1904,married in 1932 and went on honeymoon allegedly to the i.o.m and died there, the family story comes from my wife's mother who is her 98th year who is very much with it, we have the marriage certificate dated 1932, the story is so unusual it must have some truth in it, we cannot find his death in the records here and wondering why, anything you can find over in the I.O.M we will be grateful for.

George

Offline winston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 03 February 07 07:12 GMT (UK) »
HI

Will send details in a PM to you then they dont hurt anybodys feeling as either may still be alive or have relatives reading these boards.

Did you try looking in the Overseas section of the death registers on the official GRO site?

I know war death are registered in that section so you never know.

Wendy
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Blakeley in Batley West Yorks
Turner in Hanging Heaton West Yorkshire
Dann last known area Soothill West Yorks
Hirst in Hanging heaton W Yorks
Moss in Morley and Leeds
Parker in Morley W Yorks
Parker in Hull E Yorks
Tilburns in Morley W Yorks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 03 February 07 13:10 GMT (UK) »
george ok i will try something else, believe me i know how you and family feel as i have the same here in isle of man, i cant find my late dads mother having giving birth to him 1921 she left him and no sign of her any where, and her father john thomas cain was buried here and died in asylum here but no death cert can be found only buriel with  5 other people from asylum that day we searched all island records but nothing he was buried1902 so you see things do get lost some how over here but i will try again i will ask someone i know to check for me, will you let me know if wendy finds out anything for you , dont have to give details just say if he has been found,, margaret

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 February 07 21:50 GMT (UK) »
george
 is it your wifes mother,s husband we are looking for,
as i was wondering does she not know the where abouts of the body as the widow would have brought it back to bury  do you know which town they stayed at or hotel,
 ::)        margaret

Offline mitmoor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 05 February 07 00:09 GMT (UK) »
HI Margaret
its my wife's father's brother we are looking for, we have no info about vernon's stay in the I.O>M> town or hotel.

from tuesday morning we will be away from the computer  until
feb 20th.

George

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 April 07 14:59 BST (UK) »
Do you have an address in Manchester where they were living at time of marriage.
 I ask because there are entries for a Vernon Moore in the phonebooks for Pendlebury in 1933 and later years.  Any chance it could be him.?

I found this birth entry, it is spelt Moore but it fits with your place and date. However the marriage is Moores, but there could be an error. ???

Name: Vernon Moore
Year of Registration: 1904 
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 
District: Salford 
County: Greater Manchester, Lancashire 
Volume: 8d 
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 20 April 07 22:16 BST (UK) »
hello
thanks for the info but i think george got it all sorted out i just  havent been here for a while