Author Topic: Visiting Swansea, - Can anyone recommend?  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting Swansea, - Can anyone recommend?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 31 March 06 09:24 BST (UK) »
Thanx Wendi,

I'm really looking forward to it!

Romilly. :)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline aderyndu

• RootsChat Extra
  • WARNING - some family trees may produce nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 31 March 06 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly- check out carefully the name of the hotel your ancestors were involved with as the Dolphin and the Dragon are two different hotels!!!   :-\

Delyth  :)
Jenkins, Morgan(s), Jones, Williams, Evans - Pontardawe

Williams - Bettws, Carms

Jones, Parker - Neath

Brooks - Neath & North Devon

Southwood - North Devon

Offline stephen7

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 31 March 06 16:11 BST (UK) »
i would certainly recommend checking out the correct name of the hotels.the dolphin is not as posh as the dragon(prince charles once stayed there) so if you ended up having to pay, you would notice the difference in price!
 good luck and enjoy your visit
  steve
watson,smith,(cambridge)cadle,(gloucester)hutton,utton, phenix,(norfolk)tarleton,paterson,sommerville,stephenson ( lanarkshire) ,walker, lewis, mordecai,sparks,(glamorgan),bolitho. (cornwall)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 31 March 06 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I'll email my cousin re: The Dolphin/Dragon Hotel. Her father designed it  & I would imagine that the hotel would have some record about it.

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 04 May 06 22:52 BST (UK) »
Well...I sent an email to "The Dragon" asking if they could confirm that my late Uncle was their Architect...& they never replied!

And so we have booked "The Dolphin" instead.

Really looking forward to our visit now:-)

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 20 May 06 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Had a most productive & enjoyable visit to Swansea & the Gower. The only downside was the terrible weather!!

Many thanks to everyone who offered help & advice on here.

Cheers, Romilly. :)
Researching: